- SPECIES: Human
- SOURCE SPECIES: HEK293 cells
- RECOMBINANT PROTEIN SEQUENCE: Ile 27 - Pro 250
- FUSION TAG: His Tag
- TESTED APPLICATIONS: WB
- APPLICATION NOTE: This recombinant protein can be used for WB. For research use only.
- PREDICTED MOLECULAR WEIGHT: 25 kDa
- PURITY: >95% as determined by SDS-PAGE.
- PHYSICAL STATE: Lyophilized
- BUFFER: PBS, pH7.4
- STORAGE CONDITIONS: Lyophilized Protein should be stored at -20°C or lower for long term storage. Upon reconstitution, working aliquots should be stored at -20°C or -70°C. Avoid repeated freeze-thaw cycles.
- NCBI OFFICIAL SYMBOL: AZU1
- ADDITIONAL NAMES: AZU1, Azurocidin, HBP, AZAMP, AZU, CAP37, HUMAZUR, NAZC
- Protein Accession Number: AAH69495
- NCBI GENE ID NUMBER: 566
- Azurocidin (AZU1) is also known as Heparin-binding protein (HBP), Cationic antimicrobial protein CAP37, is a neutrophil granule-derived antibacterial and monocyte- and fibroblast-specific chemotactic glycoprotein. which belongs to the peptidase S1 family and elastase subfamily. AZU1 / HBP contains 1 peptidase S1 domain. AZU1 binds heparin. The cytotoxic action of AZU1 is limited to many species of Gram-negative bacteria; this specificity may be explained by a strong affinity of the very basic N-terminal half for the negatively charged lipopolysaccharides that are unique to the Gram-negative bacterial outer envelope. AZU1 may play a role in mediating recruitment of monocytes in the second wave of inflammation.
- 1: Wasiluk K.R., et al., 1991, Infect. Immun. 59:4193-4200.
- 2: Miyasaki K.T., 1992, Infect. Immun. 60:4973-4975.
- 3: Linder A., 2009, Clin. Infect. Dis. 49 (7): 1044–50.
- FOR RESEARCH USE ONLY
For additional information, visit ProSci's Terms & Conditions Page.
- Disclaimer: Products are intended for laboratory research purposes only and should be used by qualified personnel only. They are not intended for use in humans. ProSci is not liable for damages or injuries resulting from receipt and/or use of ProSci materials. Please refer to the Material Safety Data Sheet (MSDS) for safe storage, handling, and use procedures.
CATALOG NUMBER: 96-038
- Size: 0.1 mg
- List Price: $445.00
$65 Standard Overnight flat rate for as many products shipped within the United States.
$35 Dry Ice Shipment fee may be required on some items.
Note: Online orders only accepted for shipment within the USA. Click here for the list of international distributors.
Customize your order
Bulk Pricing Available
Custom Formulations: azide free, endotoxin testing & endotoxin removal.
Pair your antibody with a Lysate, Peptide, Control, & /OR Secondary Antibody.
Contact our Customer Care Team for more information
Custom Antibody Services
Speak to one of our custom antibody specialists to discuss your next custom antibody project.