- Trial Size
Avian Influenza Nonstructural Protein 1 AntibodyCATALOG NUMBER: 3915
- Clonality: Polyclonal
- Tested Applications: E
- Host Species: Rabbit
- Species Reactivity: Virus
- Conjugate: Unconjugated
- Size: 0.02 mg | 0.1 mg
- HOST SPECIES: Rabbit
- SPECIES REACTIVITY: Virus
- IMMUNOGEN: Avian Influenza Nonstructural Protein 1 antibody was raised against a synthetic peptide corresponding to 14 amino acids at the carboxy terminus of the Avian Influenza Nonstructural Protein 1 protein.
Efforts were made to use relatively conserved regions of the viral sequence as the antigen.
The immunogen is located within the last 50 amino acids of Avian Influenza Nonstructural Protein 1.
- CONJUGATE: Unconjugated
- TESTED APPLICATIONS: E
- APPLICATION NOTE: Avian Influenza Nonstructural Protein 1 antibody can be used for the detection of the avian influenza nonstructural protein 1 protein from influenza A in ELISA.
- PURIFICATION: Avian Influenza Nonstructural Protein 1 Antibody is affinity chromatography purified via peptide column.
- CLONALITY: Polyclonal
- ISOTYPE: IgG
- PHYSICAL STATE: Liquid
- BUFFER: Avian Influenza Nonstructural Protein 1 Antibody is supplied in PBS containing 0.02% sodium azide.
- CONCENTRATION: 1 mg/mL
- STORAGE CONDITIONS: Avian Influenza Nonstructural Protein 1 antibody can be stored at 4°C for three months and -20°C, stable for up to one year. As with all antibodies care should be taken to avoid repeated freeze thaw cycles. Antibodies should not be exposed to prolonged high temperatures.
- ADDITIONAL NAMES: Avian Influenza Nonstructural Protein 1 Antibody:
- Protein Accession Number: ABC72653
- PROTEIN GI NUMBER: 85680915
- USER NOTE: Optimal dilutions for each application to be determined by the researcher.
- Avian Influenza Nonstructural Protein 1 Antibody: Influenza A virus is a major public health threat, killing more than 30, 000 people per year in the USA. Novel influenza virus strains caused by genetic drift and viral recombination emerge periodically to which humans have little or no immunity, resulting in devastating pandemics. Influenza A can exist in a variety of animals; however, it is in birds that all subtypes, including the so-called "avian flu" or H5N1, can be found. These subtypes are classified based on the combination of the virus coat glycoproteins hemagglutinin (HA) and neuraminidase (NA) subtypes. One of the less studied proteins encoded by, but not incorporated in, the influenza virus is the nonstructural protein (NS) 1. NS1 counters cellular antiviral activities and acts as a virulence factor. It can bind to double-stranded RNA and sequester it from 2'-5'OAS, preventing the activation of the RNAse L, which normally acts to degrade RNA and prevent virus replication. NS1 also binds to and inhibits the anti-viral protein kinase PKR.
- 1: Thompson WW, Shay DK, Weintraub, et al. Mortality associated with influenza and respiratory syncytial virus in the United States. JAMA 2003; 289:179-186.
- 2: Alexander DJ. A review of avian influenza. Proceedings of the European Society for Veterinary Virology (ESVV) Symposium on Influenza Viruses of Wild and Domestic Animals. Vet. Microbiol. 2000; 74:3-13.
- 3: Krug RM, Yuan W, Noah D, et al. Intracellular warfare between human influenza viruses and human cells: the role of the viral NS1 protein. Virology 2003; 309:181-9.
- 4: Min J-Y and Krug RM. The primary function of RNA binding by the influenza A virus NS1 protein is infected cells: inhibiting the 2’-5'oligo (A) synthase/RNase L pathway. Proc. Natl. Acad. Sci. USA 2006; 103:7100-5.
- FOR RESEARCH USE ONLY
For additional information, visit ProSci's Terms & Conditions Page.
- Disclaimer: Optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user. The information provided is a guideline for product use. This product is for research use only.
CATALOG NUMBER: 3915
- Size: 0.02 mg | 0.1 mg
- List Price: $109.00 – $379.00
$65 Standard Overnight flat rate for as many products shipped within the United States.
$35 Dry Ice Shipment fee may be required on some items.
Note: Online orders only accepted for shipment within the USA. Click here for the list of international distributors.
New & Featured Products
CATALOG NUMBER: 95-201
CATALOG NUMBER: 95-200
CATALOG NUMBER: 9805