- HOST SPECIES: Rabbit
- SPECIES REACTIVITY: Virus
- IMMUNOGEN: Avian influenza neuraminidase antibody was raised against a synthetic peptide corresponding to 16 amino acids in the middle of the avian influenza neuraminidase protein.
Efforts were made to use relatively conserved regions as the antigen.
The immunogen is located within amino acids 150 - 200 of Avian Influenza Neuraminidase.
- CONJUGATE: Unconjugated
- TESTED APPLICATIONS: ELISA
- APPLICATION NOTE: Avian influenza neuriminidase antibody can be used for the detection of the avian influenza neuriminidase protein from the H5N1 strain of Avian influenza A in ELISA. It will detect 10 ng of free peptide at 1 μg/mL.
- PURIFICATION: Avian Influenza Neuraminidase Antibody is affinity chromatography purified via peptide column.
- CLONALITY: Polyclonal
- ISOTYPE: IgG
- PHYSICAL STATE: Liquid
- BUFFER: Avian Influenza Neuraminidase Antibody is supplied in PBS containing 0.02% sodium azide.
- CONCENTRATION: 1 mg/mL
- STORAGE CONDITIONS: Avian Influenza Neuraminidase antibody can be stored at 4°C for three months and -20°C, stable for up to one year. As with all antibodies care should be taken to avoid repeated freeze thaw cycles. Antibodies should not be exposed to prolonged high temperatures.
- NCBI OFFICIAL SYMBOL: NA
- ADDITIONAL NAMES: Avian Influenza Neuraminidase Antibody: Neuraminidase
- Protein Accession Number: CAC95053
- PROTEIN GI NUMBER: 39840718
- USER NOTE: Optimal dilutions for each application to be determined by the researcher.
- Avian Influenza Neuraminidase Antibody: Influenza A virus is a major public health threat, killing more than 30, 000 people per year in the USA. Novel influenza virus strains emerge periodically to which humans have little or no immunity, resulting in devastating pandemics. Influenza A can exist in a variety of animals; however it is in birds that all subtypes can be found. These subtypes are classified based on the combination of the virus coat glycoproteins hemagglutinin (HA) and neuraminidase (NA) subtypes. During 1997, an H5N1 avian influenza virus was determined to be the cause of death in 6 of 18 infected patients in Hong Kong. There was some evidence of human to human spread of this virus, but it is thought that the transmission efficiency was fairly low. Although it has been known that cleavage site and glycosylation patterns of the HA protein play important roles in determining the pathogenicity of H5 avian influenza viruses, it has only recently been shown that an additional glycosylation site within the globular head of the NA protein also contributes to the high virulence of the H5N1 virus.
- 1: Thompson WW, Shay DK, Weintraub, et al. Mortality associated with influenza and respiratory syncytial virus in the United States. JAMA 2003; 289:179-186.
- 2: Alexander DJ. A review of avian influenza. Proceedings of the European Society for Veterinary Virology (ESVV) Symposium on Influenza Viruses of Wild and Domestic Animals. Vet. Microbiol. 2000; 74:3-13.
- 3: Shortridge KF, Zhou NN, Guan Y, et al. Characterization of avian H5N1 influenza viruses from poultry in Hong Kong. Virol. 1998; 252:331-342.
- 4: Buxton Bridges C, Katz JM, Seto WH, et al. Risk of influenza A (H5N1) infection among health care workers exposed to patients with influenza A (H5N1), Hong Kong. J. Inf. Dis. 2000; 181:344-8.
- FOR RESEARCH USE ONLY
For additional information, visit ProSci's Terms & Conditions Page.
- Disclaimer: Optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user. The information provided is a guideline for product use. This product is for research use only.
CATALOG NUMBER: 3421
- Size: 0.02 mg | 0.1 mg
- List Price: $89.00 – $395.00
$65 Standard Overnight flat rate for as many products shipped within the United States.
$35 Dry Ice Shipment fee may be required on some items.
Note: Online orders only accepted for shipment within the USA. Click here for the list of international distributors.
Customize your order
Bulk Pricing Available
Custom Formulations: azide free, endotoxin testing & endotoxin removal.
Pair your antibody with a Lysate, Peptide, Control, & /OR Secondary Antibody.
Contact our Customer Care Team for more information
Custom Antibody Services
Speak to one of our custom antibody specialists to discuss your next custom antibody project.