- Trial Size
Avian Influenza H5N1 Hemagglutinin (IN3) AntibodyCATALOG NUMBER: 3925
- Clonality: Polyclonal
- Tested Applications: E
- Host Species: Goat
- Species Reactivity: Virus
- Conjugate: Unconjugated
- Size: 0.02 mg | 0.1 mg
- HOST SPECIES: Goat
- SPECIES REACTIVITY: Virus
- IMMUNOGEN: Avian Influenza H5N1 Hemagglutinin (IN3) Antibody was raised against a synthetic peptide corresponding to 14 amino acids in the middle of the Avian Influenza Hemagglutinin 1 protein.
Efforts were made to use relatively conserved regions of the viral sequence as the antigen.
The immunogen is located within amino acids 320 - 370 of Avian Influenza H5N1 Hemagglutinin (IN3) Antibody.
- CONJUGATE: Unconjugated
- TESTED APPLICATIONS: E
- APPLICATION NOTE: Avian Influenza Hemagglutinin 1 antibody can be used for the detection of the Avian Influenza Hemagglutinin 1 protein from the H5N1 strain of avian influenza A in ELISA. It will detect 10 ng of free peptide at 1 μg/mL.
- PURIFICATION: Avian Influenza Hemagglutinin 1 Antibody is affinity chromatography purified via peptide column.
- CLONALITY: Polyclonal
- ISOTYPE: IgG
- PHYSICAL STATE: Liquid
- BUFFER: Avian Influenza Hemagglutinin 1 Antibody is supplied in PBS containing 0.02% sodium azide.
- CONCENTRATION: 1 mg/mL
- STORAGE CONDITIONS: Avian Influenza Hemagglutinin 1 antibody can be stored at 4°C for three months and -20°C, stable for up to one year. As with all antibodies care should be taken to avoid repeated freeze thaw cycles. Antibodies should not be exposed to prolonged high temperatures.
- NCBI OFFICIAL SYMBOL: HA
- ADDITIONAL NAMES: Avian Influenza Hemagglutinin 1 Antibody:
- Protein Accession Number: AAT76166
- PROTEIN GI NUMBER: 50365729
- USER NOTE: Optimal dilutions for each application to be determined by the researcher.
- Avian Influenza Hemagglutinin 1 Antibody: Influenza A virus is a major public health threat, killing more than 30, 000 people per year in the USA. Novel influenza virus strains caused by genetic drift and viral recombination emerge periodically to which humans have little or no immunity, resulting in devastating pandemics. Influenza A can exist in a variety of animals; however it is in birds that all subtypes can be found. These subtypes are classified based on the combination of the virus coat glycoproteins hemagglutinin (HA) and neuraminidase (NA) subtypes. During 1997, an H5N1 avian influenza virus was determined to be the cause of death in 6 of 18 infected patients in Hong Kong. There was some evidence of human to human spread of this virus, but it is thought that the transmission efficiency was fairly low. HA interacts with cell surface proteins containing oligosaccharides with terminal sialyl residues. Virus isolated from a human infected with the H5N1 strain in 1997 could bind to oligosaccharides from human as well as avian sources, indicating its species-jumping ability.
- 1: Thompson WW, Shay DK, Weintraub, et al. Mortality associated with influenza and respiratory syncytial virus in the United States. JAMA 2003; 289:179-186.
- 2: Thompson WW, Shay DK, Weintraub, et al. Mortality associated with influenza and respiratory syncytial virus in the United States. JAMA 2003; 289:179-186.
- 3: Shortridge KF, Zhou NN, Guan Y, et al. Characterization of avian H5N1 influenza viruses from poultry in Hong Kong. Virol. 1998; 252:331-342.
- 4: Iwatsuki-Horimoto K, Kanazawa R, Sugii S, et al. The index influenza A virus subtype H5N1 isolated from a human in 1997 differs in its receptor-binding properties from a virulent avian influenza virus. J. Gen. Virol. 2004; 85:1001-5.
- FOR RESEARCH USE ONLY
For additional information, visit ProSci's Terms & Conditions Page.
- Disclaimer: Optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user. The information provided is a guideline for product use. This product is for research use only.
CATALOG NUMBER: 3925
- Size: 0.02 mg | 0.1 mg
- List Price: $109.00 – $379.00
$65 Standard Overnight flat rate for as many products shipped within the United States.
$35 Dry Ice Shipment fee may be required on some items.
Note: Online orders only accepted for shipment within the USA. Click here for the list of international distributors.
New & Featured Products
CATALOG NUMBER: 95-201
CATALOG NUMBER: 95-200
CATALOG NUMBER: 9805