Avian Flu (H5N1) Protein Detection SetCATALOG NUMBER: PSI-1808
- Clonality: Polyclonal
- Tested Applications: E
- Species Reactivity: Human
- Size: 1 Set
- SPECIES REACTIVITY: Human
- IMMUNOGEN: Rabbit polyclonal antibodies were raised against peptides corresponding to amino acid sequences from each of the corresponding proteins.
- TESTED APPLICATIONS: E
- SET CONTENTS: H5N1 Hemagglutinin Antibody (NT), Catalog No. 3427 (50 μg)
H5N1 Hemagglutinin Antibody (IN), Catalog No. 3425 (50 μg)
H5N1 Neuraminidase Antibody (CT), Catalog No. 3423 (50 μg)
H5N1 Neuraminidase Antibody (IN), Catalog No. 3421 (50 μg)
H5N1 Hemagglutinin Peptide (NT), Catalog No. 3427P (50 μg)
H5N1 Hemagglutinin Peptide (IN), Catalog No. 3425P (50 μg)
H5N1 Neuraminidase Peptide (CT), Cat. No. 3423P (50 μg)
H5N1 Neuraminidase Peptide (IN), Catalog No. 3421P (50 μg)
- PURIFICATION: Antibodies are supplied as affinity chromatography purified IgG.
- CLONALITY: Polyclonal
- PHYSICAL STATE: Liquid
- BUFFER: PBS containing 0.02% sodium azide.
- CONCENTRATION: Antibody 1 mg/mL
Peptide 200 μg/mL
- STORAGE CONDITIONS: H5N1 antibodies and peptides should be stored at -20°C, stable for one year.
- USER NOTE: Optimal dilutions for each application to be determined by the researcher.
- Influenza A virus is a major public health threat, killing more than 30,000 people per year in the USA. Novel influenza virus strains emerge periodically to which humans have little or no immunity, resulting in devastating pandemics. Influenza A can exist in a variety of animals; however it is in birds that all subtypes can be found. These subtypes are classified based on the combination of the virus coat glycoproteins hemagglutinin (HA) and neuraminidase (NA) subtypes. During 1997, an H5N1 avian influenza virus was determined to be the cause of death in 6 of 18 infected patients in Hong Kong. There was some evidence of human to human spread of this virus, but it is thought that the transmission efficiency was fairly low. Although it has been known that cleavage site and glycosylation patterns of the HA protein play important roles in determining the pathogenicity of H5 avian influenza viruses, it has only recently been shown that an additional glycosylation site within the globular head of the neuraminidase protein also contributes to the high virulence of the H5N1 virus. H5N1 hemagglutinin interacts with cell surface proteins containing oligosaccharides with terminal sialyl residues. Virus isolated from a human infected with the H5N1 strain in 1997 could bind to oligosaccharides from human as well as avian sources, indicating its species-jumping ability.
For images please see PDF data sheet
- 1: Thompson WW, Shay DK, Weintraub, et al. Mortality associated with influenza and respiratory syncytial virus in the United States. JAMA 2003; 289:179-186.
- 2: Alexander DJ. A review of avian influenza. Proceedings of the European Society for Veterinary Virology (ESVV) Symposium on Influenza Viruses of Wild and Domestic Animals. Vet. Microbiol. 2000; 74:3-13.
- 3: Shortridge KF, Zhou NN, Guan Y, et al. Characterization of avian H5N1 influenza viruses from poultry in Hong Kong. Virol. 1998; 252:331-342.
- 4: Buxton Bridges C, Katz JM, Seto WH, et al. Risk of influenza A (H5N1) infection among health care workers exposed to patients with influenza A (H5N1), Hong Kong. J. Inf. Dis. 2000; 181:344-8.
- Catalog Number 3427: Avian Influenza Hemagglutinin Antibody
- Catalog Number 3425: Avian Influenza Hemagglutinin Antibody
- Catalog Number 3423: Avian Influenza Neuraminidase Antibody
- Catalog Number 3421: Avian Influenza Neuraminidase Antibody
- Catalog Number 3427P: Avian Influenza Hemagglutinin Peptide
- Catalog Number 3425P: Avian Influenza Hemagglutinin Peptide
- Catalog Number 3423P: Avian Influenza Neuriminidase Peptide
- Catalog Number 3421P: Avian Influenza Neuriminidase Peptide
- FOR RESEARCH USE ONLY
For additional information, visit ProSci's Terms & Conditions Page.
- Disclaimer: This product is for research use only.
CATALOG NUMBER: PSI-1808
- Size: 1 Set
- List Price: $640.00
$65 Standard Overnight flat rate for as many products shipped within the United States.
$35 Dry Ice Shipment fee may be required on some items.
Note: Online orders only accepted for shipment within the USA. Click here for the list of international distributors.
New & Featured Products
CATALOG NUMBER: 95-201
CATALOG NUMBER: 95-200
CATALOG NUMBER: 9805