- HOST SPECIES: Rabbit
- SPECIES REACTIVITY: Human, Mouse
- IMMUNOGEN: ATP2C2 antibody was raised against a 19 amino acid synthetic peptide near the amino terminus of human ATP2C2.
The immunogen is located within the first 50 amino acids of ATP2C2.
- CONJUGATE: Unconjugated
- TESTED APPLICATIONS: E, IF, WB
- APPLICATION NOTE: ATP2C2 antibody can be used for detection of ATP2C2 by Western blot at 1 μg/mL. Antibody can also be used for immunofluorescence starting at 20 μg/mL. For immunofluorescence start at 20 μg/mL.
Antibody validated: Western Blot in mouse samples and Immunofluorescence in mouse samples. All other applications and species not yet tested.
- SPECIFICITY: At least three isoforms of ATP2C2 are known to exist. ATP2C2 antibody will not cross-react with ATP2C1
- POSITIVE CONTROL 1: Cat. No. 1282 - 3T3 (NIH) Cell Lysate
- POSITIVE CONTROL 2: Cat. No. 17-201 - 3T3/BALB Cell Slide
- PURIFICATION: ATP2C2 Antibody is affinity chromatography purified via peptide column.
- CLONALITY: Polyclonal
- ISOTYPE: IgG
- PHYSICAL STATE: Liquid
- BUFFER: ATP2C2 Antibody is supplied in PBS containing 0.02% sodium azide.
- CONCENTRATION: 1 mg/mL
- STORAGE CONDITIONS: ATP2C2 antibody can be stored at 4°C for three months and -20°C, stable for up to one year. As with all antibodies care should be taken to avoid repeated freeze thaw cycles. Antibodies should not be exposed to prolonged high temperatures.
- NCBI OFFICIAL SYMBOL: ATP2C2
- ADDITIONAL NAMES: ATP2C2 Antibody: SPCA2, KIAA0703, SPCA2, Calcium-transporting ATPase type 2C member 2, ATPase 2C2
- Protein Accession Number: NP_055676
- PROTEIN GI NUMBER: 118498343
- NCBI GENE ID NUMBER: 9914
- USER NOTE: Optimal dilutions for each application to be determined by the researcher.
- ATP2C2 Antibody: ATP2C2, also known as secretory pathway Ca2+/Mn2+-ATPase (SPCA) 2, belongs to the family of P-type cation transport ATPases. This magnesium-dependent enzyme catalyzes the hydrolysis of ATP coupled with the transport of the calcium from the cytosol to the Golgi lumen. Defects in the related gene ATP2C1 cause Hailey-Hailey disease, for which ATP2C2 does not compensate, suggesting that ATP2C2 plays other physiological roles. Unlike ATP2C1, ATP2C2 has a much more restricted expression pattern and displays a higher maximal turnover rate for overall Ca2+-ATPase reaction and a lower apparent affinity for cytosolic Ca2+ activation of phosphorylation. Overexpression of ATP2C2 in mammary tumors result a Ca2+ influx via the store-operated Ca2+ channel ORAI1 and independent of the STIM1 and STIM2 sensors.
- 1: Xiang M, Mohamalawari D, and Rao R. A novel isoform of the secretory pathway Ca2+,Mn(2+)-ATPase, hSPCA2, has unusual properties and is expressed in the brain. J. Biol. Chem. 2005; 280:11608-14.
- 2: Hu Z, Bonifas JM, Beech J, et al. Mutations in ATP2C1, encoding a calcium pump, cause Hailey-Hailey disease. Nat. Genet. 2000; 24:61-5
- 3: Dode L, Andersen JP, Vanoevelen J, et al. Dissection of the functional differences between human secretory pathway Ca2+/Mn2+-ATPase (SPCA) 1 and 2 isoenzymes by steady-state and transient kinetic analyses. J. Biol. Chem. 281:3182-9.
- FOR RESEARCH USE ONLY
For additional information, visit ProSci's Terms & Conditions Page.
- Disclaimer: Optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user. The information provided is a guideline for product use. This product is for research use only.
CATALOG NUMBER: 6289
- Size: 0.02 mg | 0.1 mg
- List Price: $89.00 – $395.00
$65 Standard Overnight flat rate for as many products shipped within the United States.
$35 Dry Ice Shipment fee may be required on some items.
Note: Online orders only accepted for shipment within the USA. Click here for the list of international distributors.
Customize your order
Bulk Pricing Available
Custom Formulations: azide free, endotoxin testing & endotoxin removal.
Pair your antibody with a Lysate, Peptide, Control, & /OR Secondary Antibody.
Contact our Customer Care Team for more information
Custom Antibody Services
Speak to one of our custom antibody specialists to discuss your next custom antibody project.
New & Featured Products
HIV-1 p24 Antibody [10A2] (biotin)
CATALOG NUMBER: PM-7371-biotin
HIV-1 p24 Antibody [9D2F6] (biotin)
CATALOG NUMBER: PM-7369-biotin
HIV-1 p24 Antibody [8D7E11] (biotin)
CATALOG NUMBER: PM-7367-biotin