- HOST SPECIES: Rabbit
- SPECIES REACTIVITY: Human, Mouse, Rat
- HOMOLOGY: Predicted species reactivity based on immunogen sequence: Bovine: (94%)
- IMMUNOGEN: ATG9A antibody was raised against an 18 amino acid synthetic peptide near the carboxy terminus of human ATG9A.
The immunogen is located within amino acids 720 - 770 of ATG9A.
- CONJUGATE: Unconjugated
- TESTED APPLICATIONS: ELISA, IF, IHC-P, WB
- APPLICATION NOTE: ATG9A antibody can be used for detection of ATG9A by Western blot at 1 μg/mL. Antibody can also be used for immunohistochemistry starting at 5 μg/mL. For immunofluorescence start at 20 μg/mL.
Antibody validated: Western Blot in mouse samples; Immunohistochemistry in human samples and Immunofluorescence in human samples. All other applications and species not yet tested.
- POSITIVE CONTROL 1: Cat. No. 1401 - Mouse Heart Tissue Lysate
- POSITIVE CONTROL 2: Cat. No. 10-501 - Human Heart Tissue Slide
- PURIFICATION: ATG9A Antibody is affinity chromatography purified via peptide column.
- CLONALITY: Polyclonal
- ISOTYPE: IgG
- PHYSICAL STATE: Liquid
- BUFFER: ATG9A Antibody is supplied in PBS containing 0.02% sodium azide.
- CONCENTRATION: 1 mg/mL
- STORAGE CONDITIONS: ATG9A antibody can be stored at 4°C for three months and -20°C, stable for up to one year. As with all antibodies care should be taken to avoid repeated freeze thaw cycles. Antibodies should not be exposed to prolonged high temperatures.
- NCBI OFFICIAL SYMBOL: ATG9A
- ADDITIONAL NAMES: ATG9A Antibody: mATG9, APG9L1, MGD3208, Autophagy-related protein 9A, APG9-like 1
- Protein Accession Number: NP_076990
- PROTEIN GI NUMBER: 116089287
- NCBI GENE ID NUMBER: 79065
- USER NOTE: Optimal dilutions for each application to be determined by the researcher.
- ATG9A Antibody: Autophagy, the process of bulk degradation of cellular proteins through an autophagosomic-lysosomal pathway is important for normal growth control and may be defective in tumor cells. It is involved in the preservation of cellular nutrients under starvation conditions as well as the normal turnover of cytosolic components. This process is negatively regulated by TOR (Target of rapamycin) through phosphorylation of autophagy protein APG1. ATG9A, a multi-spanning membrane protein localizing to the Golgi apparatus and late endosomes, has been proposed to mediate membrane transport to generate autophagosomes. ATG9A has also been implicated as a regulator of STING (stimulator of interferon genes)-mediated innate immune response.
- 1: Gozuacik D and Kimchi A. Autophagy as a cell death and tumor suppressor mechanism. Oncogene2004; 23:2891-906.
- 2: Kisen GO, Tessitore L, Costelli P, et al. Reduced autophagic activity in primary rat hepatocellular carcinoma and ascites hepatoma cells. Carcinogenesis1993; 14:2501-5.
- 3: Kamada Y, Funakoshi T, Shintani T, et al. Tor-mediated induction of autophagy via Apg1 protein kinase complex. J. Cell. Biol.2000; 150:1507-13.
- 4: Webber JL, Young AR, and Tooze SA. Atg9 trafficking in mammalian cells. Autophagy2007; 3:54-6.
- FOR RESEARCH USE ONLY
For additional information, visit ProSci's Terms & Conditions Page.
- Disclaimer: Optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user. The information provided is a guideline for product use. This product is for research use only.
CATALOG NUMBER: 6013
- Size: 0.02 mg | 0.1 mg
- List Price: $89.00 – $395.00
$65 Standard Overnight flat rate for as many products shipped within the United States.
$35 Dry Ice Shipment fee may be required on some items.
Note: Online orders only accepted for shipment within the USA. Click here for the list of international distributors.
Customize your order
Bulk Pricing Available
Custom Formulations: azide free, endotoxin testing & endotoxin removal.
Pair your antibody with a Lysate, Peptide, Control, & /OR Secondary Antibody.
Contact our Customer Care Team for more information
Custom Antibody Services
Speak to one of our custom antibody specialists to discuss your next custom antibody project.
New & Featured Products
HIV-1 p24 Antibody [10A2] (biotin)
CATALOG NUMBER: PM-7371-biotin
HIV-1 p24 Antibody [9D2F6] (biotin)
CATALOG NUMBER: PM-7369-biotin
HIV-1 p24 Antibody [8D7E11] (biotin)
CATALOG NUMBER: PM-7367-biotin