- HOST SPECIES: Rabbit
- SPECIES REACTIVITY: Human, Mouse, Rat
- HOMOLOGY: Predicted species reactivity based on immunogen sequence: Bovine: (100%)
- IMMUNOGEN: ATG4A antibody was raised against an 18 amino acid peptide near the carboxy terminus of human ATG4A.
The immunogen is located within the last 50 amino acids of ATG4A.
- CONJUGATE: Unconjugated
- TESTED APPLICATIONS: E, IHC-P, WB
- APPLICATION NOTE: ATG4A antibody can be used for detection of ATG4A by Western blot at 1 - 2 μg/ml. Antibody can also be used for immunohistochemistry starting at 5 μg/mL.
Antibody validated: Western Blot in mouse samples and Immunohistochemistry in human samples. All other applications and species not yet tested.
- SPECIFICITY: ATG4A antibody is human, mouse and rat reactive. At least two isoforms of ATG4A are known to exist; this antibody will detect both isoforms. ATG4A is predicted to not cross-react with other ATG4 proteins.
- POSITIVE CONTROL 1: Cat. No. 1287 - EL4 Cell Lysate
- POSITIVE CONTROL 2: Cat. No. 10-901 - Human Spleen Tissue Slide
- PREDICTED MOLECULAR WEIGHT: Predicted: 48 kDa
Observed: 44 kDa
- PURIFICATION: ATG4A antibody is affinity chromatography purified via peptide column.
- CLONALITY: Polyclonal
- ISOTYPE: IgG
- PHYSICAL STATE: Liquid
- BUFFER: ATG4A antibody is supplied in PBS containing 0.02% sodium azide.
- CONCENTRATION: 1 mg/mL
- STORAGE CONDITIONS: ATG4A antibody can be stored at 4°C for three months and -20°C, stable for up to one year.
- NCBI OFFICIAL SYMBOL: ATG4A
- ADDITIONAL NAMES: Autophagy related 4A cysteine peptidase, APG4-A, APG4-A, AUTL2
- Protein Accession Number: NP_443168
- PROTEIN GI NUMBER: 30795252
- NCBI GENE ID NUMBER: 115201
- USER NOTE: Optimal dilutions for each application to be determined by the researcher.
- Autophagy, the process of bulk degradation of cellular proteins through an autophagosomic-lysosomal pathway is important for normal growth control and may be defective in tumor cells. It is involved in the preservation of cellular nutrients under starvation conditions as well as the normal turnover of cytosolic components (1,2). ATG4A, also known as AUTL2, is one of four mammalian orthologs of the yeast ATG4 protein; all four are cysteine proteases (3). ATG4 is required for ATG8 conjugation to phosphatidylethanolamine on autophagosomal membranes. In mammals, each ATG4 homolog shows a selective preference for the ATG8 homologs (4).
- 1: Gozuacik D and Kimchi A. Autophagy as a cell death and tumor suppressor mechanism. Oncogene 2004; 23:2891-906.
- 2: Kisen GO, Tessitore L, Costelli P, et al. Reduced autophagic activity in primary rat hepatocellular carcinoma and ascites hepatoma cells. Carcinogenesis 1993; 14:2501-5.
- 3: Marino G, Uria JA, Puente XS, et al. Human autophagins, a family of cysteine proteinases potentially implicated in cell degradation by autophagy. J. Biol. Chem. 2003; 278:3671-8.
- 4: Li M, Hou Y, Wang J, et al. Kinetic comparisons of mammalian Atg4 homologues indicate selective preferences towards diverse Atg8 substrates. J. Biol. Chem. 2011; 286:7327-38.
- FOR RESEARCH USE ONLY
For additional information, visit ProSci's Terms & Conditions Page.
- Disclaimer: Optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user. The information provided is a guideline for product use. This product is for research use only.
CATALOG NUMBER: 8071
- Size: 0.02 mg | 0.1 mg
- List Price: $89.00 – $395.00
$65 Standard Overnight flat rate for as many products shipped within the United States.
$35 Dry Ice Shipment fee may be required on some items.
Note: Online orders only accepted for shipment within the USA. Click here for the list of international distributors.
Customize your order
Bulk Pricing Available
Custom Formulations: azide free, endotoxin testing & endotoxin removal.
Pair your antibody with a Lysate, Peptide, Control, & /OR Secondary Antibody.
Contact our Customer Care Team for more information
Custom Antibody Services
Speak to one of our custom antibody specialists to discuss your next custom antibody project.
New & Featured Products
HIV-1 p24 Antibody [10A2] (biotin)
CATALOG NUMBER: PM-7371-biotin
HIV-1 p24 Antibody [9D2F6] (biotin)
CATALOG NUMBER: PM-7369-biotin
HIV-1 p24 Antibody [8D7E11] (biotin)
CATALOG NUMBER: PM-7367-biotin