- HOST SPECIES: Rabbit
- SPECIES REACTIVITY: Human, Mouse, Rat
- IMMUNOGEN: ATG14 antibody was raised against an 18 amino acid synthetic peptide near the center of human ATG14.
The immunogen is located within amino acids 270 - 320 of ATG14.
- CONJUGATE: Unconjugated
- TESTED APPLICATIONS: E, IF, WB
- APPLICATION NOTE: ATG14 antibody can be used for detection of ATG14 by Western blot at 1 - 2 μg/mL. For immunofluorescence start at 20 μg/mL.
Antibody validated: Western Blot in human samples and Immunofluorescence in human samples. All other applications and species not yet tested.
- SPECIFICITY: At least three isoforms of ATG14 are known to exist; this antibody will detect all three isoforms
- POSITIVE CONTROL 1: Cat. No. 1308 - Human Small Intestine Tissue Lysate
- POSITIVE CONTROL 2: Cat. No. 11-801 - Human Small Intestine Tissue Slide
- PREDICTED MOLECULAR WEIGHT: 54 kDa
- PURIFICATION: ATG14 Antibody is affinity chromatography purified via peptide column.
- CLONALITY: Polyclonal
- ISOTYPE: IgG
- PHYSICAL STATE: Liquid
- BUFFER: ATG14 Antibody is supplied in PBS containing 0.02% sodium azide.
- CONCENTRATION: 1 mg/mL
- STORAGE CONDITIONS: ATG14 antibody can be stored at 4°C for three months and -20°C, stable for up to one year. As with all antibodies care should be taken to avoid repeated freeze thaw cycles. Antibodies should not be exposed to prolonged high temperatures.
- NCBI OFFICIAL SYMBOL: ATG14
- ADDITIONAL NAMES: ATG14 Antibody: ATG14L, BARKOR, KIAA0831, Beclin 1-associated autophagy-related key regulator, Autophagy-related protein 14-like protein, Barkor
- Protein Accession Number: NP_055739
- PROTEIN GI NUMBER: 50540545
- NCBI GENE ID NUMBER: 22863
- USER NOTE: Optimal dilutions for each application to be determined by the researcher.
- ATG14 Antibody: Autophagy, the process of bulk degradation of cellular proteins through an autophagosomic-lysosomal pathway is important for normal growth control and may be defective in tumor cells. It is involved in the preservation of cellular nutrients under starvation conditions as well as the normal turnover of cytosolic components. This process is negatively regulated by TOR (Target of rapamycin) through phosphorylation of autophagy protein ATG1. ATG14 is a subunit of a class III phosphatidylinositol (PtdIns) 3-kinase complex that targets the complex to the endoplasmic reticulum, the site of autophagosome formation.
- 1: Gozuacik D and Kimchi A. Autophagy as a cell death and tumor suppressor mechanism. Oncogene 2004; 23:2891-906.
- 2: Kisen GO, Tessitore L, Costelli P, et al. Reduced autophagic activity in primary rat hepatocellular carcinoma and ascites hepatoma cells. Carcinogenesis 1993; 14:2501-5.
- 3: Kamada Y, Funakoshi T, Shintani T, et al. Tor-mediated induction of autophagy via Apg1 protein kinase complex. J. Cell. Biol. 2000; 150:1507-13.
- 4: Itakura E, Kishi C, Inoue K, et al. Beclin 1 forms two distinct phosphatidylinositol 3-kinase complexes with mammalian Atg14 and UVRAG. Mol. Biol. Cell 2008; 19:5360-72.
- FOR RESEARCH USE ONLY
For additional information, visit ProSci's Terms & Conditions Page.
- Disclaimer: Optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user. The information provided is a guideline for product use. This product is for research use only.
CATALOG NUMBER: 7043
- Size: 0.02 mg | 0.1 mg
- List Price: $89.00 – $395.00
$65 Standard Overnight flat rate for as many products shipped within the United States.
$35 Dry Ice Shipment fee may be required on some items.
Note: Online orders only accepted for shipment within the USA. Click here for the list of international distributors.
Customize your order
Bulk Pricing Available
Custom Formulations: azide free, endotoxin testing & endotoxin removal.
Pair your antibody with a Lysate, Peptide, Control, & /OR Secondary Antibody.
Contact our Customer Care Team for more information
Custom Antibody Services
Speak to one of our custom antibody specialists to discuss your next custom antibody project.
New & Featured Products
HIV-1 p24 Antibody [10A2] (biotin)
CATALOG NUMBER: PM-7371-biotin
HIV-1 p24 Antibody [9D2F6] (biotin)
CATALOG NUMBER: PM-7369-biotin
HIV-1 p24 Antibody [8D7E11] (biotin)
CATALOG NUMBER: PM-7367-biotin