- HOST SPECIES: Mouse
- SPECIES REACTIVITY: Human, Mouse, Rat
- IMMUNOGEN: A recombinant protein fragment from the N-terminal region of human ATF6 was used as the immunogen for this antibody.
- CONJUGATE: Unconjugated
- TESTED APPLICATIONS: IHC, WB
- APPLICATION NOTE: Western blot: 2-4 ug/ml (2)
IHC (Paraffin): 5 ug/ml (1)
ATF6 is a 670 amino acid protein that migrates in western blot between 70~90 kD due to glycosylation.
1. Staining of formalin-fixed tissues requires boiling tissue sections in 10mM citrate buffer, pH 6.0, for 10-20 min followed by cooling at RT for 20 minutes.
2. ATF6 is seen in western blotting between 75~90KD.
- PURIFICATION: Protein G purified monoclonal antibody
- CLONALITY: Monoclonal
- ISOTYPE: IgG1, kappa
- PHYSICAL STATE: Liquid
- BUFFER: PBS with 0.1 mg/ml BSA and 0.05% sodium azide
- CONCENTRATION: 0.5 mg/mL
- STORAGE CONDITIONS: Aliquot and Store at -20°C. Avoid freez-thaw cycles.
- NCBI OFFICIAL SYMBOL: ATF6
- ADDITIONAL NAMES: ATF6 Antibody: ATF6A, Cyclic AMP-dependent transcription factor ATF-6 alpha, Activating transcription factor 6 alpha, cAMP-dependent transcription factor ATF-6 alpha
- NCBI GENE ID NUMBER: 22926
- USER NOTE: Optimal dilutions for each application to be determined by the researcher
- ER stress can cause the accumulation of unfolded proteins and lead to the activation of the UPR (unfolded proetin response). Cells have developed an intracellular signaling pathway to deal with this stress, and Activating Transcription Factor 6 (ATF6) is a major transducer of the UPR. Upon activation, ATF6 seperates from GPR78 and is cleaved. The ~50 kD cytosolic portion of ATF6 translocates to the nucleus, transmitting the ER stress signal. In the nucleus, ATF6 activates the transcription of UPR-responsive genes by biniding to their ERSE (ER stress response element) region.
- FOR RESEARCH USE ONLY
For additional information, visit ProSci's Terms & Conditions Page.
- Disclaimer: Optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user. The information provided is a guideline for product use. This product is for research use only.
CATALOG NUMBER: 33-034
- Size: 100 ug
- List Price: $475.00
$65 Standard Overnight flat rate for as many products shipped within the United States.
$35 Dry Ice Shipment fee may be required on some items.
Note: Online orders only accepted for shipment within the USA. Click here for the list of international distributors.
Customize your order
Bulk Pricing Available
Custom Formulations: azide free, endotoxin testing & endotoxin removal.
Pair your antibody with a Lysate, Peptide, Control, & /OR Secondary Antibody.
Contact our Customer Care Team for more information
Custom Antibody Services
Speak to one of our custom antibody specialists to discuss your next custom antibody project.
New & Featured Products
HIV-1 p24 Antibody [10A2] (biotin)
CATALOG NUMBER: PM-7371-biotin
HIV-1 p24 Antibody [9D2F6] (biotin)
CATALOG NUMBER: PM-7369-biotin
HIV-1 p24 Antibody [8D7E11] (biotin)
CATALOG NUMBER: PM-7367-biotin