- HOST SPECIES: Rabbit
- SPECIES REACTIVITY: Human, Mouse
- HOMOLOGY: Predicted species reactivity based on immunogen sequence: Rat: (100%)
- IMMUNOGEN: ATF6 antibody was raised against a 16 amino acid synthetic peptide from near the carboxy terminus of human ATF6.
The immunogen is located within amino acids 470 - 520 of ATF6.
- CONJUGATE: Unconjugated
- TESTED APPLICATIONS: E, ICC, IF, IHC-P, WB
- APPLICATION NOTE: ATF6 antibody can be used for the detection of ATF6 by Western blot at 0.5 - 1 μg/mL. Antibody can also be used for immunohistochemistry starting at 5 μg/mL and immunocytochemistry starting at 10 μg/mL. For immunofluorescence start at 10 μg/mL.
Antibody validated: Western Blot in mouse samples; Immunohistochemistry in human samples; Immunocytochemistry in human samples and Immunofluorescence in human samples. All other applications and species not yet tested.
- POSITIVE CONTROL 1: Cat. No. 1287 - EL4 Cell Lysate
- POSITIVE CONTROL 2: Cat. No. 17-012 - MCF7 Cell Slide
- PURIFICATION: ATF6 Antibody is affinity chromatography purified via peptide column.
- CLONALITY: Polyclonal
- ISOTYPE: IgG
- PHYSICAL STATE: Liquid
- BUFFER: ATF6 Antibody is supplied in PBS containing 0.02% sodium azide.
- CONCENTRATION: 1 mg/mL
- STORAGE CONDITIONS: ATF6 antibody can be stored at 4°C for three months and -20°C, stable for up to one year. As with all antibodies care should be taken to avoid repeated freeze thaw cycles. Antibodies should not be exposed to prolonged high temperatures.
- NCBI OFFICIAL SYMBOL: ATF6
- ADDITIONAL NAMES: ATF6 Antibody: ATF6A, Cyclic AMP-dependent transcription factor ATF-6 alpha, Activating transcription factor 6 alpha, cAMP-dependent transcription factor ATF-6 alpha
- Protein Accession Number: NP_031374
- PROTEIN GI NUMBER: 56786157
- NCBI GENE ID NUMBER: 22926
- USER NOTE: Optimal dilutions for each application to be determined by the researcher.
- ATF6 Antibody: Disruptions of protein folding and maturation in the endoplasmic reticulum (ER) result in the activation of the unfolded protein response (UPR), an integrated cellular signaling pathway that transmits information from the ER lumen to the cytoplasm and nucleus. Activating transcription factor 6 (ATF6) as well as the ER-transmembrane protein kinases IRE1p and PERK are the major transducers of the UPR. ATF6 is an ER transmembrane protein that is normally bound to the ER chaperone GRP78, but upon ER stress is released from GRP78 and proteolytically cleaved to yield a cytosolic fragment which then migrates to the nucleus, and together with the transcription factor XBP-1, activates transcription of UPR-responsive genes. ATF6 has two isoforms (ATF6α and ATF6β); only ATF6α is recognized by this antibody.
- 1: Liu CY and Kaufman RJ. The unfolded protein response. J. Cell Sci. 2003; 1861-2.
- 2: Haze K, Yoshida H, Yanagi H, et al. Mammalian transcription factor ATF6 is synthesized as a transmembrane protein and activated by proteolysis in response to endoplasmic stress. Mol. Cell. Biol. 1999; 10:3787-99.
- 3: Little E, Ramakrishnan M, Roy B, et al. The glucose-regulated proteins (GRP78 and GRP94): functions, gene regulation, and applications. Crit. Rev. Eukaryot. Gene Expr. 1994; 4:1-18.
- 4: Yoshida H, Matsui T, Yamamoto T, et al. XBP1 mRNA is induced by ATF6 and spliced by IRE1p in response to ER stress to produce a highly active transcription factor. Cell 2001; 107:881-91.
- FOR RESEARCH USE ONLY
For additional information, visit ProSci's Terms & Conditions Page.
- Disclaimer: Optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user. The information provided is a guideline for product use. This product is for research use only.
CATALOG NUMBER: 3681
- Size: 0.02 mg | 0.1 mg
- List Price: $89.00 – $395.00
$65 Standard Overnight flat rate for as many products shipped within the United States.
$35 Dry Ice Shipment fee may be required on some items.
Note: Online orders only accepted for shipment within the USA. Click here for the list of international distributors.
Customize your order
Bulk Pricing Available
Custom Formulations: azide free, endotoxin testing & endotoxin removal.
Pair your antibody with a Lysate, Peptide, Control, & /OR Secondary Antibody.
Contact our Customer Care Team for more information
Custom Antibody Services
Speak to one of our custom antibody specialists to discuss your next custom antibody project.