- HOST SPECIES: Rabbit
- SPECIES REACTIVITY: Human
- HOMOLOGY: Predicted species reactivity based on immunogen sequence: Mouse: (100%)
- IMMUNOGEN: ASK1 antibody was raised against a peptide corresponding to amino acids near the carboxy terminus of human ASK1.
The sequence is different from that of mouse by last two amino acids.
The immunogen is located within the last 50 amino acids of ASK1.
- CONJUGATE: Unconjugated
- TESTED APPLICATIONS: E, ICC, IF, WB
- APPLICATION NOTE: ASK1 antibody can be used for detection of ASK1 by Western blot at 0.5 μg/mL. A 155 kDa band can be detected. Antibody can also be used for immunocytochemistry starting at 10 μg/mL. For immunofluorescence start at 20 μg/mL.
Antibody validated: Western Blot in human samples; Immunocytochemistry in human samples and Immunofluorescence in human samples. All other applications and species not yet tested.
- POSITIVE CONTROL 1: Cat. No. 1214 - SW1353 Cell Lysate
- POSITIVE CONTROL 2: Cat. No. 17-002 - A-431 Cell Slide
- PREDICTED MOLECULAR WEIGHT: 155 kDa
- PURIFICATION: ASK1 Antibody is affinity chromatography purified via peptide column.
- CLONALITY: Polyclonal
- ISOTYPE: IgG
- PHYSICAL STATE: Liquid
- BUFFER: ASK1 Antibody is supplied in PBS containing 0.02% sodium azide.
- CONCENTRATION: 1 mg/ml
- STORAGE CONDITIONS: ASK1 antibody can be stored at 4°C for three months and -20°C, stable for up to one year. As with all antibodies care should be taken to avoid repeated freeze thaw cycles. Antibodies should not be exposed to prolonged high temperatures.
- NCBI OFFICIAL SYMBOL: MAP3K5
- ADDITIONAL NAMES: ASK1 Antibody: ASK1, MEKK5, MAPKKK5, ASK1, Mitogen-activated protein kinase kinase kinase 5, Apoptosis signal-regulating kinase 1, ASK-1
- Protein Accession Number: Q99683
- PROTEIN GI NUMBER: 6685617
- NCBI GENE ID NUMBER: 4217
- USER NOTE: Optimal dilutions for each application to be determined by the researcher.
- ASK1 Antibody: Mitogen-activated protein (MAP) kinase cascades are activated in response to various extracellular stimuli, including cytokines, growth factors and environmental stresses. A novel MAP kinase kinase kinase (MAPKKK) was recently identified and designated ASK1 (for apoptosis signal-regulating kinase 1) and MAPKKK5. ASK1 activated two different subgroups of MAPKK, MKK4 and MKK6, which in turn activated c-Jun N-terminal kinase (JNK) and p38 MAP kinase, respectively. ASK1/MAPKKK5 is activated by TNFR and Fas through the interaction with members of the TRAF family and Fas-associated protein Daxx. Overexpression of ASK1 induced apoptotic cell death, and a catalytically inactive form of ASK1 inhibited TNF-α-induced apoptosis. ASK1 is expressed in variety of human and mouse tissues.
- 1: Ichijo H, Nishida E, Irie K, ten Dijke P, Saitoh M, Moriguchi T, Takagi M, Matsumoto K, Miyazono K, Gotoh Y. Induction of apoptosis by ASK1, a mammalian MAPKKK that activates SAPK/JNK and p38 signaling pathways. Science 1997;275:90-4
- 2: Wang XS, Diener K, Jannuzzi D, Trollinger D, Tan TH, Lichenstein H, Zukowski M, Yao Z. Molecular cloning and characterization of a novel protein kinase with a catalytic domain homologous to mitogen-activated protein kinase kinase kinase. J Biol Chem 1996;271:31607-11
- 3: Tobiume K, Inage T, Takeda K, Enomoto S, Miyazono K, Ichijo H. Molecular cloning and characterization of the mouse apoptosis signal-regulating kinase 1. Biochem Biophys Res Commun 1997;239:905-10
- FOR RESEARCH USE ONLY
For additional information, visit ProSci's Terms & Conditions Page.
- Disclaimer: Optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user. The information provided is a guideline for product use. This product is for research use only.
CATALOG NUMBER: 1151
- Size: 0.02 mg | 0.1 mg
- List Price: $89.00 – $395.00
$65 Standard Overnight flat rate for as many products shipped within the United States.
$35 Dry Ice Shipment fee may be required on some items.
Note: Online orders only accepted for shipment within the USA. Click here for the list of international distributors.
Customize your order
Bulk Pricing Available
Custom Formulations: azide free, endotoxin testing & endotoxin removal.
Pair your antibody with a Lysate, Peptide, Control, & /OR Secondary Antibody.
Contact our Customer Care Team for more information
Custom Antibody Services
Speak to one of our custom antibody specialists to discuss your next custom antibody project.
New & Featured Products
HIV-1 p24 Antibody [10A2] (biotin)
CATALOG NUMBER: PM-7371-biotin
HIV-1 p24 Antibody [9D2F6] (biotin)
CATALOG NUMBER: PM-7369-biotin
HIV-1 p24 Antibody [8D7E11] (biotin)
CATALOG NUMBER: PM-7367-biotin