- HOST SPECIES: Rabbit
- SPECIES REACTIVITY: Human
- HOMOLOGY: Predicted species reactivity based on immunogen sequence: Mouse (57%), Rat (57%)
- IMMUNOGEN: Anti-ASC antibody (2287) was raised against a peptide corresponding to 14 amino acids near the carboxy terminus of human ASC.
The immunogen is located within the last 50 amino acids of ASC.
- CONJUGATE: Unconjugated
- TESTED APPLICATIONS: E, ICC, IHC-P, WB
- APPLICATION NOTE: WB: 1-2 μg/mL; ICC: 5 μg/mL; IHC-P: 2.5 μg/mL.
Antibody validated: Western Blot in human samples; Immunocytochemistry in human samples; Immunofluorescence in human samples. All other applications and species not yet tested.
- POSITIVE CONTROL 1: Cat. No. 1209 - HL60 Cell Lysate
- POSITIVE CONTROL 2: Cat. No. 17-009 - HL-60 Cell Slide
- POSITIVE CONTROL 3: Cat. No. 10-901 - Human Spleen Tissue Slide
- POSITIVE CONTROL 4: Cat. No. 1208 – THP-1 Cell Lysate
- PREDICTED MOLECULAR WEIGHT: Predicted: 22kD
Observed: 22 kD
Independent Antibody Validation in Cell lines (Figure 2) shows similar ASC expression profile in human and mouse cell lines detected by two independent anti-ASC antibodies that recognize different epitopes, 2287 against C-terminus domain and 39-001 against full length human recombinant protein. ASC proteins are detected in some of tested cell lines at different expression levels by the two independent antibodies.
- ISOFORMS: Human ASC has 3 isoforms, including isoform 1 (195aa, 22kD), isoform 2 (176aa, 20kD), and isoform 3 (135aa, 15kD). Mouse ASC has one isoform (193aa, 22kD) and rat ASC also has one isoform (193aa, 22kD). 2287 can detect all human isoforms.
- PURIFICATION: ASC Antibody is affinity chromatography purified via peptide column.
- CLONALITY: Polyclonal
- ISOTYPE: IgG
- PHYSICAL STATE: Liquid
- BUFFER: ASC Antibody is supplied in PBS containing 0.02% sodium azide.
- CONCENTRATION: 1 mg/mL
- STORAGE CONDITIONS: ASC antibody can be stored at 4°C for three months and -20°C, stable for up to one year. As with all antibodies care should be taken to avoid repeated freeze thaw cycles. Antibodies should not be exposed to prolonged high temperatures.
- NCBI OFFICIAL SYMBOL: PYCARD
- ADDITIONAL NAMES: ASC Antibody: ASC, TMS, TMS1, CARD5, TMS-1, ASC, Apoptosis-associated speck-like protein containing a CARD, Caspase recruitment domain-containing protein 5, hASC
- Protein Accession Number: BAA87339
- PROTEIN GI NUMBER: 10801602
- NCBI GENE ID NUMBER: 29108
- USER NOTE: Optimal dilutions for each application to be determined by the researcher.
- ASC Antibody: Apoptosis is regulated by death domain (DD) and/or caspase recruitment domain (CARD) containing molecules and a caspase family of proteases. CARD containing cell death regulators include RAIDD, RICK, BCL10, Apaf-1, ARC, caspase-9, and caspase-2. A novel CARD domain containing protein was recently identified in human and mouse and designated ASC and TMS1. Ectopic expression of ASC/TMS1 induced apoptosis through activation of caspase-9 and inhibited the survival of human breast cancer cells (3, 4). Overexpression of ASC/TMS1 induced DNA fragmentation. ASC/TMS1 is expressed in a variety of human and mouse tissues.
- 1: Masumoto et al. J Biol Chem. 1999;274(48):33835-8.
- 2: Masumoto et al. Exp Cell Res. 2001;262(2):128-133.
- 3: Conway et al. Cancer Res. 2000;60(22):6236-42
- 4: McConnell et al. Cancer Res. 2000;60(22):6243-7. (WD0102)
- 1: Dowds et al. Cryopyrin-induced interleukin 1beta secretion in monocytic cells: enhanced activity of disease-associated mutants and requirement for ASC. J Biol Chem. 2004;279(21):21924-8. PMID: 15020601
- FOR RESEARCH USE ONLY
For additional information, visit ProSci's Terms & Conditions Page.
- Disclaimer: Optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user. The information provided is a guideline for product use. This product is for research use only.
CATALOG NUMBER: 2287
- Size: 0.02 mg | 0.1 mg
- List Price: $109.00 – $379.00
$65 Standard Overnight flat rate for as many products shipped within the United States.
$35 Dry Ice Shipment fee may be required on some items.
Note: Online orders only accepted for shipment within the USA. Click here for the list of international distributors.