- HOST SPECIES: Rabbit
- SPECIES REACTIVITY: Human
- IMMUNOGEN: ARTS antibody was raised against a synthetic peptide corresponding to amino acids near the amino terminus of human ARTS.
The immunogen is located within the first 50 amino acids of ARTS.
- CONJUGATE: Unconjugated
- TESTED APPLICATIONS: ELISA, IF, IHC-P, WB
- APPLICATION NOTE: ARTS antibody can be used for detection of ARTS by Western blot at 2 μg/mL. A band at 32 kDa can be detected. Antibody can also be used for immunohistochemistry starting at 2 μg/mL. For immunofluorescence start at 20 μg/mL.
Antibody validated: Western Blot in human samples; Immunohistochemistry in human samples and Immunofluorescence in human samples. All other applications and species not yet tested.
- POSITIVE CONTROL 1: Cat. No. 1302 - Human Lung Tissue Lysate
- POSITIVE CONTROL 2: Cat. No. 1306 - Human Spleen Tissue Lysate
- POSITIVE CONTROL 3: Cat. No. 1305 - Human Kidney Tissue Lysate
- POSITIVE CONTROL 4: Cat. No. 10-101 - Human Lung Tissue Slide
- PREDICTED MOLECULAR WEIGHT: 32 kDa
- PURIFICATION: ARTS Antibody is affinity chromatography purified via peptide column.
- CLONALITY: Polyclonal
- ISOTYPE: IgG
- PHYSICAL STATE: Liquid
- BUFFER: ARTS Antibody is supplied in PBS containing 0.02% sodium azide.
- CONCENTRATION: 1 mg/mL
- STORAGE CONDITIONS: ARTS antibody can be stored at 4°C for three months and -20°C, stable for up to one year. As with all antibodies care should be taken to avoid repeated freeze thaw cycles. Antibodies should not be exposed to prolonged high temperatures.
- NCBI OFFICIAL SYMBOL: SEPT4
- ADDITIONAL NAMES: ARTS Antibody: H5, ARTS, MART, SEP4, CE5B3, PNUTL2, hucep-7, BRADEION, hCDCREL-2, Septin-4, Apoptosis-related protein in the TGF-beta signaling pathway
- Protein Accession Number: AAG45673
- PROTEIN GI NUMBER: 12024871
- NCBI GENE ID NUMBER: 5414
- USER NOTE: Optimal dilutions for each application to be determined by the researcher.
- ARTS Antibody: Apoptosis is related to many diseases and development. Mitochondrial proteins, such as cytochrome c, Apaf-1, and AIF play important role in apoptosis. A novel mitochondrial septin-like protein was identified recently and designated ARTS for apoptosis related protein in TGF-beta signaling pathway. ARTS that is encoded by the human septin H5/PNUTL2/CDCrel2b gene is located to mitochondria and translocates to the nucleus when apoptosis occurs. ARTS is expressed in many tissues. It enhances cell death induced by TGF-beta and, to a lesser extent, by other apoptotic agents, such as TNF-α and Fas ligand.
- 1: Larisch S, Yi Y, Lotan R, Kerner H, et al. A novel mitochondrial septin-like protein, ARTS, mediates apoptosis dependent on its P-loop motif. Nat Cell Biol 2000;2(12):915-21
- 2: Depraetere V. The ARTS of apoptosis. Nat Cell Biol. 2000;2(12):E219.
- 3: Paavola,P., Horelli-Kuitunen,N., Palotie,A. and Peltonen,L. Characterization of a novel gene, PNUTL2, on human chromosome 17q22-q23 and its exclusion as the Meckel syndrome gene. Genomics 1999;55 (1):122-125
- 4: Zieger,B., Tran,H., Hainmann, I. , Wunderle,D., Zgaga-Griesz,A., Blaser,S. and Ware,J. Characterization and expression analysis of two human septin genes, PNUTL1 and PNUTL2. Gene 2000;261(2):197-203
- FOR RESEARCH USE ONLY
For additional information, visit ProSci's Terms & Conditions Page.
- Disclaimer: Optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user. The information provided is a guideline for product use. This product is for research use only.
CATALOG NUMBER: 3025
- Size: 0.02 mg | 0.1 mg
- List Price: $89.00 – $395.00
$65 Standard Overnight flat rate for as many products shipped within the United States.
$35 Dry Ice Shipment fee may be required on some items.
Note: Online orders only accepted for shipment within the USA. Click here for the list of international distributors.
Customize your order
Bulk Pricing Available
Custom Formulations: azide free, endotoxin testing & endotoxin removal.
Pair your antibody with a Lysate, Peptide, Control, & /OR Secondary Antibody.
Contact our Customer Care Team for more information
Custom Antibody Services
Speak to one of our custom antibody specialists to discuss your next custom antibody project.