- HOST SPECIES: Rabbit
- SPECIES REACTIVITY: Human, Mouse, Rat
- IMMUNOGEN: ARID1A antibody was raised against an 18 amino acid peptide near the amino terminus of human ARID1A.
The immunogen is located within amino acids 580 - 630 of ARID1A.
- CONJUGATE: Unconjugated
- TESTED APPLICATIONS: E, IF, IHC-P, WB
- APPLICATION NOTE: ARID1A antibody can be used for detection of ARID1A by Western blot at 1 - 2 μg/mL. For immunofluorescence start at 20 μg/mL.
Antibody validated: Western Blot in human samples; Immunohistochemistry in mouse samples and Immunofluorescence in mouse samples. All other applications and species not yet tested.
- SPECIFICITY: ARID1A antibody is human, mouse and rat reactive. Multiple isoforms of ARID1A protein are known to exist.
- POSITIVE CONTROL 1: Cat. No. 1220 - SK-N-SH Cell Lysate
- PREDICTED MOLECULAR WEIGHT: Predicted: 133, 227, 251 kDa
Observed: 130, 260 kDa
- PURIFICATION: ARID1A antibody is affinity chromatography purified via peptide column.
- CLONALITY: Polyclonal
- ISOTYPE: IgG
- PHYSICAL STATE: Liquid
- BUFFER: ARID1A antibody is supplied in PBS containing 0.02% sodium azide.
- CONCENTRATION: 1 mg/mL
- STORAGE CONDITIONS: ARID1A antibody can be stored at 4°C for three months and -20°C, stable for up to one year.
- NCBI OFFICIAL SYMBOL: ARID1A
- ADDITIONAL NAMES: AT rich interactive domain 1A (SWI-like), RP1-50O24.1, B120, BAF250, BAF250a, BM029, C1orf4, ELD, hELD, MRD14, OSA1, hOSA1, P270, SMARCF1
- Protein Accession Number: NP_006006
- PROTEIN GI NUMBER: 21264565
- NCBI GENE ID NUMBER: 8289
- USER NOTE: Optimal dilutions for each application to be determined by the researcher.
- The ARID1A protein is a member of the SWI/SNF family, whose members are thought to regulate transcription of certain genes by altering the chromatin structure around those genes. ARID1A is part of the large ATP-dependent chromatin remodeling complex SNF/SWI, which is required for transcriptional activation of genes normally repressed by chromatin (1). It possesses a DNA-binding domain that can specifically bind an AT-rich DNA sequence known to be recognized by a SNF/SWI complex at the beta-globin locus. The C-terminus of the protein can stimulate glucocorticoid receptor-dependent transcriptional activation. It is thought that ARID1A confers specificity to the SNF/SWI complex and may recruit the complex to its targets through either protein-DNA or protein-protein interactions (2).
- 1: Martens JA and Winston F. Recent advances in understanding chromatin remodeling by Swi/Snf complexes. Curr. Opin. Genet. Dev. 2003; 13:136-42.
- 2: Nie Z, Xue Y, Yang D, et al. A specificity and targeting subunit of a human SWI/SNF family-related chromatin-remodeling complex. Mol. Cell. Biol. 2000; 20:8879-88.
- FOR RESEARCH USE ONLY
For additional information, visit ProSci's Terms & Conditions Page.
- Disclaimer: Optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user. The information provided is a guideline for product use. This product is for research use only.
CATALOG NUMBER: 8173
- Size: 0.02 mg | 0.1 mg
- List Price: $89.00 – $395.00
$65 Standard Overnight flat rate for as many products shipped within the United States.
$35 Dry Ice Shipment fee may be required on some items.
Note: Online orders only accepted for shipment within the USA. Click here for the list of international distributors.
Customize your order
Bulk Pricing Available
Custom Formulations: azide free, endotoxin testing & endotoxin removal.
Pair your antibody with a Lysate, Peptide, Control, & /OR Secondary Antibody.
Contact our Customer Care Team for more information
Custom Antibody Services
Speak to one of our custom antibody specialists to discuss your next custom antibody project.