- HOST SPECIES: Rabbit
- SPECIES REACTIVITY: Human, Mouse, Rat
- IMMUNOGEN: ARHGAP18 antibody was raised against a 15 amino acid synthetic peptide near the carboxy terminus of human ARHGAP18.
The immunogen is located within the last 50 amino acids of ARHGAP18.
- CONJUGATE: Unconjugated
- TESTED APPLICATIONS: E, ICC, IF, WB
- APPLICATION NOTE: ARHGAP18 antibody can be used for detection of ARHGAP18 by Western blot at 1 - 2 μg/mL. Antibody can also be used for immunocytochemistry starting at 2.5 μg/mL. For immunofluorescence start at 20 μg/mL.
Antibody validated: Western Blot in mouse samples; Immunocytochemistry in mouse samples and Immunofluorescence in mouse samples. All other applications and species not yet tested.
- POSITIVE CONTROL 1: Cat. No. 1282 - 3T3 (NIH) Cell Lysate
- POSITIVE CONTROL 2: Cat. No. 17-201 - 3T3/BALB Cell Slide
- PURIFICATION: ARHGAP18 Antibody is affinity chromatography purified via peptide column.
- CLONALITY: Polyclonal
- ISOTYPE: IgG
- PHYSICAL STATE: Liquid
- BUFFER: ARHGAP18 Antibody is supplied in PBS containing 0.02% sodium azide.
- CONCENTRATION: 1 mg/mL
- STORAGE CONDITIONS: ARHGAP18 antibody can be stored at 4°C for three months and -20°C, stable for up to one year. As with all antibodies care should be taken to avoid repeated freeze thaw cycles. Antibodies should not be exposed to prolonged high temperatures.
- NCBI OFFICIAL SYMBOL: ARHGAP18
- ADDITIONAL NAMES: ARHGAP18 Antibody: SENEX, MacGAP, bA307O14.2, Rho GTPase-activating protein 18
- Protein Accession Number: NP_277050
- PROTEIN GI NUMBER: 39932589
- NCBI GENE ID NUMBER: 93663
- USER NOTE: Optimal dilutions for each application to be determined by the researcher.
- ARHGAP18 Antibody: ARHGAP18 is one member of the human RhoGAP family with approximately 80 RhoGAP proteins known to be encoded in the human genome. Rho proteins belong to the Ras superfamily that is composed of over 50 members divided into six families, including Ras, Sar, Rho, Ran, Rab and Arf. Rho GTPases are important regulators of the actin cytoskeleton and consequently influence the shape and migration of cells. ARHGAP18 is linked to Ras, and thus, to EGFR-mediated proliferation, migration and differentiation. ARHGAP18 is precisely contained within chromosome 6q22-24, which has been shown to be linked to schizophrenia, suggesting that ARHGEP18 may play a role in this condition.
- 1: Takai Y, Sasaki T, and Matozaki T. Small GTP-binding proteins. Physiol. Rev.2001; 81:153-208.
- 2: Potkin SG, Turner JA, Fallon JA, et al. Gene discovery through imaging genetics: identification of two novel genes associated with schizophrenia. Mol. Psychiatry2009; 14:416-28.
- FOR RESEARCH USE ONLY
For additional information, visit ProSci's Terms & Conditions Page.
- Disclaimer: Optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user. The information provided is a guideline for product use. This product is for research use only.
CATALOG NUMBER: 5589
- Size: 0.02 mg | 0.1 mg
- List Price: $109.00 – $379.00
$65 Standard Overnight flat rate for as many products shipped within the United States.
$35 Dry Ice Shipment fee may be required on some items.
Note: Online orders only accepted for shipment within the USA. Click here for the list of international distributors.