- HOST SPECIES: Rabbit
- SPECIES REACTIVITY: Human, Mouse, Rat
- IMMUNOGEN: ARC antibody was raised against a 17 amino acid peptide near the amino terminus of human ARC.
The immunogen is located within the first 50 amino acids of ARC.
- CONJUGATE: Unconjugated
- TESTED APPLICATIONS: E, WB
- APPLICATION NOTE: ARC antibody can be used for detection of ARC by Western blot at 1:500 dilution. An approximately 25 kDa band can be detected.
Antibody validated: Western Blot in human samples. All other applications and species not yet tested.
- POSITIVE CONTROL 1: Cat. No. 1201 - HeLa Cell Lysate
- PREDICTED MOLECULAR WEIGHT: 25 kDa
- PURIFICATION: ARC Antibody is affinity chromatography purified via peptide column.
- CLONALITY: Polyclonal
- ISOTYPE: IgG
- PHYSICAL STATE: Liquid
- BUFFER: ARC Antibody is supplied in PBS containing 0.02% sodium azide.
- CONCENTRATION: 1 mg/ml
- STORAGE CONDITIONS: ARC antibody can be stored at 4°C for three months and -20°C, stable for up to one year. As with all antibodies care should be taken to avoid repeated freeze thaw cycles. Antibodies should not be exposed to prolonged high temperatures.
- NCBI OFFICIAL SYMBOL: NOL3
- ADDITIONAL NAMES: ARC Antibody: ARC, FCM, MYP, NOP, NOP30, ARC, Nucleolar protein 3, Apoptosis repressor with CARD, Myp
- Protein Accession Number: NP_003937
- PROTEIN GI NUMBER: 4505419
- NCBI GENE ID NUMBER: 8996
- USER NOTE: Optimal dilutions for each application to be determined by the researcher.
- ARC Antibody: Apoptosis is regulated by death domain (DD) and/or caspase recruitment domain (CARD) containing molecules and a caspase family of proteases. CARD containing cell death regulators include RAIDD, RICK BCL10, Apaf-1, caspase-9, and caspase-2. A novel CARD domain containing protein was recently identified and designated ARC for apoptosis repressor with CARD. ARC interacts with caspase-2 and -8 and inhibits enzymatic activity of caspase-8. ARC suppresses apoptosis induced by cell death adapters FADD and TRADD and by cell death receptors Fas, TNFR-1, and DR3. The messenger RNA of ARC is primarily expressed in skeletal muscle and cardiac tissue.
- 1: Koseki T, Inohara N, Chen S, Nunez G. ARC, an inhibitor of apoptosis expressed in skeletal muscle and heart that interacts selectively with caspases. Proc Natl Acad Sci USA 1998;95:5156-60
- 2: Stoss O, Schwaiger FW, Cooper TA, Stamm S. Alternative splicing determines the intracellular localization of the novel nuclear protein Nop30 and its interaction with the splicing factor SRp30c. J Biol Chem 1999;274(16):10951-62
- 3: Geertman R, McMahon A, Sabban EL. Cloning and characterization of cDNAs for novel proteins with glutamic acid-proline dipeptide tandem repeats. Biochim Biophys Acta 1996;1306(2-3):147-52 (WD 0300)
- FOR RESEARCH USE ONLY
For additional information, visit ProSci's Terms & Conditions Page.
- Disclaimer: Optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user. The information provided is a guideline for product use. This product is for research use only.
CATALOG NUMBER: 2185
- Size: 0.02 mg | 0.1 mg
- List Price: $89.00 – $395.00
$65 Standard Overnight flat rate for as many products shipped within the United States.
$35 Dry Ice Shipment fee may be required on some items.
Note: Online orders only accepted for shipment within the USA. Click here for the list of international distributors.
Customize your order
Bulk Pricing Available
Custom Formulations: azide free, endotoxin testing & endotoxin removal.
Pair your antibody with a Lysate, Peptide, Control, & /OR Secondary Antibody.
Contact our Customer Care Team for more information
Custom Antibody Services
Speak to one of our custom antibody specialists to discuss your next custom antibody project.
New & Featured Products
HIV-1 p24 Antibody [10A2] (biotin)
CATALOG NUMBER: PM-7371-biotin
HIV-1 p24 Antibody [9D2F6] (biotin)
CATALOG NUMBER: PM-7369-biotin
HIV-1 p24 Antibody [8D7E11] (biotin)
CATALOG NUMBER: PM-7367-biotin