- HOST SPECIES: Rabbit
- SPECIES REACTIVITY: Bovine, Chicken, Dog, Human, Mouse, Rat
- IMMUNOGEN: Phosphopeptide corresponding to amino acid residues surrounding the phospho-Ser261 of rat aquaporin 2.
- CONJUGATE: Unconjugated
- TESTED APPLICATIONS: IHC, WB
- APPLICATION NOTE: The antibody has been directly tested for reactivity in Western blots with rat tissue. It is anticipated that the antibody will react with canine, bovine, chicken, human, mouse and non-human primate tissues based on the fact that these species have 100% homology with the amino acid sequence used as antigen.
- PREDICTED MOLECULAR WEIGHT: 29/37
- PURIFICATION: Affinity Purified
- CLONALITY: Polyclonal
- PHYSICAL STATE: Liquid
- CONCENTRATION: batch dependent
- STORAGE CONDITIONS: Aquaporin 2 antibody can be stored at -20°C and is stable at -20°C for at least 1 year.
- NCBI OFFICIAL SYMBOL: Aqp2
- Protein Accession Number: P34080
- PROTEIN GI NUMBER: 461529
- NCBI GENE ID NUMBER: 25386
- USER NOTE: Optimal dilutions for each application to be determined by the researcher.
- Aquaporin 2 (AQP2) is a hormonally regulated water channel located in the renal collecting duct. Mutations in the AQP2 gene cause hereditary nephrogenic diabetes insipidus in humans (Iolascon et al.,2007). A vasopressin induced cAMP increase results in the phosphorylation of AQP2 at serine-256 and its translocation from the intracellular vesicles to the apical membrane of principal cells (van Balkom et al., 2002). Recently, serine-261 has been identified as a novel phosphorylation site on AQP2 and levels of phosphorylated S261 have been shown to decrease with vasopressin treatment suggesting its involvement in vasopressin-dependent AQP2 trafficking (Hoffert et al., 2007).
- 1: van Balkom BW, Savelkoul PJ, Markovich D, Hofman E, Nielsen S, van der Sluijs P, Deen PM (2002) The role of putative phosphorylation sites in the targeting and shuttling of the aquaporin 2 water channel. J Biol Chem 277(44):41473-9.
- 2: Ford P, Rivarola V, Chara O, Blot-Chabaud M, Cluzeaud F, Farman M, Parisi M, Capurro C (2005) Volume regulation in cortical collecting duct cells: role of AQP2. Biol Cell 97(9):687-97.
- 3: Hoffert JD, Nielsen J,, Yu MJ,, Pisitikun T, , Schleicher SM,, Nielsen Knepper MA (2007) Dynamics of aquaporin-2 serine-261 phosphorylation in response to short-term vasopressin treatment in collecting duct. . Am J Physiol Renal Physiol 292: F691-F700..
- FOR RESEARCH USE ONLY
For additional information, visit ProSci's Terms & Conditions Page.
- Disclaimer: This product is for research use only.
CATALOG NUMBER: 50-225
- Size: 0.1 mL
- List Price: $495.00
$65 Standard Overnight flat rate for as many products shipped within the United States.
$35 Dry Ice Shipment fee may be required on some items.
Note: Online orders only accepted for shipment within the USA. Click here for the list of international distributors.
Customize your order
Bulk Pricing Available
Custom Formulations: azide free, endotoxin testing & endotoxin removal.
Pair your antibody with a Lysate, Peptide, Control, & /OR Secondary Antibody.
Contact our Customer Care Team for more information
Custom Antibody Services
Speak to one of our custom antibody specialists to discuss your next custom antibody project.
New & Featured Products
HIV-1 p24 Antibody [10A2] (biotin)
CATALOG NUMBER: PM-7371-biotin
HIV-1 p24 Antibody [9D2F6] (biotin)
CATALOG NUMBER: PM-7369-biotin
HIV-1 p24 Antibody [8D7E11] (biotin)
CATALOG NUMBER: PM-7367-biotin