- HOST SPECIES: Rabbit
- SPECIES REACTIVITY: Human, Mouse, Rat
- HOMOLOGY: Predicted species reactivity based on immunogen sequence: Sheep: (100%), Bovine: (95%)
- IMMUNOGEN: AQP2 antibody was raised against a 19 amino acid peptide near the carboxy terminus of human AQP2.
The immunogen is located within the last 50 amino acids of AQP2.
- CONJUGATE: Unconjugated
- TESTED APPLICATIONS: E, IF, IHC-P, WB
- APPLICATION NOTE: AQP2 antibody can be used for detection of AQP2 by Western blot at 1 μg/ml. Antibody can also be used for Immunohistochemistry starting at 5 μg/mL. For immunofluorescence start at 20 μg/mL.
Antibody validated: Western Blot in human samples; Immunohistochemistry in human samples and Immunofluorescence in human samples. All other applications and species not yet tested.
- SPECIFICITY: AQP2 antibody is human, mouse and rat reactive. This antibody is predicted to not cross-react with other members of the aquaporin protein family.
- POSITIVE CONTROL 1: Cat. No. 1202 - A431 Cell Lysate
- POSITIVE CONTROL 2: Cat. No. 10-401 - Human Kidney Tissue Slide
- PREDICTED MOLECULAR WEIGHT: Predicted: 30 kDa
Observed: 28 kDa
- PURIFICATION: AQP2 antibody is affinity chromatography purified via peptide column.
- CLONALITY: Polyclonal
- ISOTYPE: IgG
- PHYSICAL STATE: Liquid
- BUFFER: AQP2 antibody is supplied in PBS containing 0.02% sodium azide.
- CONCENTRATION: 1 mg/mL
- STORAGE CONDITIONS: AQP2 antibody can be stored at 4°C for three months and -20°C, stable for up to one year.
- NCBI OFFICIAL SYMBOL: AQP2
- ADDITIONAL NAMES: AQP2 Antibody: AQP-CD, WCH-CD, Aquaporin-2, ADH water channel, AQP-2
- Protein Accession Number: NP_000477
- PROTEIN GI NUMBER: 4502179
- NCBI GENE ID NUMBER: 359
- USER NOTE: Optimal dilutions for each application to be determined by the researcher.
- Aquaporins are membrane proteins that serve in the transfer of water and small solutes across cellular membranes. One such aquaporin, aquaporin-2 (AQP2) is located in the kidney collecting tubule and plays a critical role in water reabsorbtion (1). AQP2 is mainly localized in intracellular vesicles but upon stimulation with anti-diuretic hormone (ADH), AQP2 is translocated to the apical plasma membrane by exocytic fusion of AQP2-bearing vesicles (2). Mutations in this gene have been linked to autosomal dominant and recessive forms of nephrogenic diabetes insipidus (3).
- 1: Denker BM, Smith BL, Kuhada FP, et al. Identification, purification, and partial characterization of a novel Mr 28,000 integral membrane protein from erythrocytes and renal tubules. J. Biol. Chem. 1988; 263:15634-42.
- 2: Barile M, Pisitkun T, Yu MJ, et al. Large scale protein identification in intracellular aquaporin-2 vesicles from renal inner medullary collecting duct. Mol. Cell Proteomics 2005; 4:1095-106.
- 3: Bockenhauer D and Bichet DG. Inherited secondary nephrogenic diabetes insipidus: concentrating on humans. Am. J. Physiol. Renal Physiol. 2013; 304:F1037-42.
- FOR RESEARCH USE ONLY
For additional information, visit ProSci's Terms & Conditions Page.
- Disclaimer: Optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user. The information provided is a guideline for product use. This product is for research use only.
CATALOG NUMBER: 7621
- Size: 0.02 mg | 0.1 mg
- List Price: $89.00 – $395.00
$65 Standard Overnight flat rate for as many products shipped within the United States.
$35 Dry Ice Shipment fee may be required on some items.
Note: Online orders only accepted for shipment within the USA. Click here for the list of international distributors.
Customize your order
Bulk Pricing Available
Custom Formulations: azide free, endotoxin testing & endotoxin removal.
Pair your antibody with a Lysate, Peptide, Control, & /OR Secondary Antibody.
Contact our Customer Care Team for more information
Custom Antibody Services
Speak to one of our custom antibody specialists to discuss your next custom antibody project.
New & Featured Products
HIV-1 p24 Antibody [10A2] (biotin)
CATALOG NUMBER: PM-7371-biotin
HIV-1 p24 Antibody [9D2F6] (biotin)
CATALOG NUMBER: PM-7369-biotin
HIV-1 p24 Antibody [8D7E11] (biotin)
CATALOG NUMBER: PM-7367-biotin