- SPECIES: Human
- SOURCE SPECIES: High-5 Insect cells
- RECOMBINANT PROTEIN SEQUENCE: AVLTQKQKKQ HSVLHLVPIN ATSKDDSDVT EVMWQPALRR GRGLQAQGYG VRIQDAGVYL LYSQVLFQDV TFTMGQVVSR EGQGRQETLF RCIRSMPSHP DRAYNSCYSA GVFHLHQGDI LSVIIPRARA KLNLSPHGTF LGFVKL
- BIOLOGICAL ACTIVITY: Determined by its ability to induce NF-κB activation in HEK293-NF-κB reporter cells transfected with BCMA receptor.
- PURITY: Greater than 95% by SDS-PAGE gel and HPLC analyses.
Endotoxin level is less than 0.1 ng per μg (1EU/μg).
- PHYSICAL STATE: Lyophilized
- STORAGE CONDITIONS: The lyophilized APRIL recombinant protein is stable for at least 2 years from date of receipt at -20°C. Reconstituted APRIL is stable for at least 3 months when stored in working aliquots with a carrier protein at -20°C. As with any protein, exposing APRIL recombinant protein to repeated freeze / thaw cycles is not recommended. When working with proteins care should be taken to keep recombinant protein at a cool and stable temperature.
- NCBI OFFICIAL SYMBOL: TNFSF13
- ADDITIONAL NAMES: APRIL, CD256, TALL2, ZTNF2, TALL-2, TRDL-1, UNQ383/PRO715, APRIL, Tumor necrosis factor ligand superfamily member 13, A proliferation-inducing ligand
- Protein Accession Number: NP_001185551.1
- PROTEIN GI NUMBER: 310750385
- NCBI GENE ID NUMBER: 8741
- APRIL, a member of the TNF superfamily, is expressed in monocytes, macrophages, certain transformed cell lines, certain cancers of colon, and lymphoid tissues. APRIL, along with another TNF family member, BAFF, compete for two receptors, TACI and BCMA. ARPIL has the ability to stimulate proliferation of various tumor cell lines including Jurkat T cells and MCF-7 carcinoma cells. Like BAFF, APRIL also stimulates the proliferation of B and T cells. The human APRIL gene codes for at least four alternatively spliced transcriptional variants, which give rise to different isoforms of the APRIL precursor protein. All isoforms can be cleaved by the protease, furin, to release a soluble C-terminal fragment, which comprises the TNF like receptor binding of the APRIL precursor. Recombinant human APRIL is a soluble 16.3 kDa protein, consisting of 146 amino acid residues.
- FOR RESEARCH USE ONLY
For additional information, visit ProSci's Terms & Conditions Page.
- Disclaimer: This product is for research use only.
CATALOG NUMBER: 40-302
- Size: 0.002 mg | 0.01 mg
- List Price: $185.00 – $285.00
$65 Standard Overnight flat rate for as many products shipped within the United States.
$35 Dry Ice Shipment fee may be required on some items.
Note: Online orders only accepted for shipment within the USA. Click here for the list of international distributors.
New & Featured Products
CATALOG NUMBER: 95-201
CATALOG NUMBER: 95-200
CATALOG NUMBER: 9805