- HOST SPECIES: Rabbit
- SPECIES REACTIVITY: Human
- IMMUNOGEN: APRIL antibody was raised against a synthetic peptide corresponding to amino acids near the center of human APRIL.
The immunogen is located within amino acids 50 - 100 of APRIL.
- CONJUGATE: Unconjugated
- TESTED APPLICATIONS: E, WB
- APPLICATION NOTE: APRIL can be used for detection of APRIL by Western blot at 5 - 10 μg/mL. A 27 kDa band can be detected.
Antibody validated: Western Blot in human samples. All other applications and species not yet tested.
- POSITIVE CONTROL 1: Cat. No. 1204 - K562 Cell Lysate
- PREDICTED MOLECULAR WEIGHT: 27 kDa
- PURIFICATION: APRIL Antibody is affinity chromatography purified via peptide column.
- CLONALITY: Polyclonal
- ISOTYPE: IgG
- PHYSICAL STATE: Liquid
- BUFFER: APRIL Antibody is supplied in PBS containing 0.02% sodium azide.
- CONCENTRATION: 1 mg/ml
- STORAGE CONDITIONS: APRIL antibody can be stored at 4°C for three months and -20°C, stable for up to one year. As with all antibodies care should be taken to avoid repeated freeze thaw cycles. Antibodies should not be exposed to prolonged high temperatures.
- NCBI OFFICIAL SYMBOL: TNFSF13
- ADDITIONAL NAMES: APRIL Antibody: APRIL, CD256, TALL2, ZTNF2, TALL-2, TRDL-1, UNQ383/PRO715, APRIL, Tumor necrosis factor ligand superfamily member 13, A proliferation-inducing ligand
- Protein Accession Number: NP_003799
- PROTEIN GI NUMBER: 4507599
- NCBI GENE ID NUMBER: 8741
- USER NOTE: Optimal dilutions for each application to be determined by the researcher.
- APRIL Antibody: Members in the TNF superfamily regulate immune responses and induce apoptosis. A novel member in the TNF family was recently identified by several groups and designated APRIL (for a proliferation-inducing ligand), TALL-2 (for TNF- and ApoL-related Leukocyte-expressed Ligand 2), and TRDL-1α (for TNF related death ligand 1α) in human and mouse. Two receptors for APRIL were recently identified and designated TACI and BCMA. APRIL stimulates B and T cell proliferation, triggers humoral immune responses, activates NF-κB, and induces cell death. APRIL and its close relative of BlyS and their receptors BCMA and TACI are involved in diseases of autoimmunity and cancer.
- 1: Hahne M, Kataoka T, Schroter M, et al. APRIL, a new ligand of the tumor necrosis factor family, stimulates tumor cell growth. J Exp Med. 1998;188(6):1185-90.
- 2: Shu HB, Hu WH, Johnson H. TALL-1 is a novel member of the TNF family that is down-regulated by mitogens. J Leukoc Biol. 1999;65(5):680-3.
- 3: Kelly K, Manos E, Jensen G, et al. APRIL/TRDL-1, a tumor necrosis factor-like ligand, stimulates cell death. Cancer Res. 2000;60(4):1021-7.
- 4: Yu G, Boone T, Delaney J, et al. APRIL and TALL-I and receptors BCMA and TACI: system for regulating humoral immunity. Nat Immunol. 2000;1(3):252-6.
- FOR RESEARCH USE ONLY
For additional information, visit ProSci's Terms & Conditions Page.
- Disclaimer: Optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user. The information provided is a guideline for product use. This product is for research use only.
CATALOG NUMBER: 2223
- Size: 0.02 mg | 0.1 mg
- List Price: $89.00 – $395.00
$65 Standard Overnight flat rate for as many products shipped within the United States.
$35 Dry Ice Shipment fee may be required on some items.
Note: Online orders only accepted for shipment within the USA. Click here for the list of international distributors.
Customize your order
Bulk Pricing Available
Custom Formulations: azide free, endotoxin testing & endotoxin removal.
Pair your antibody with a Lysate, Peptide, Control, & /OR Secondary Antibody.
Contact our Customer Care Team for more information
Custom Antibody Services
Speak to one of our custom antibody specialists to discuss your next custom antibody project.
New & Featured Products
HIV-1 p24 Antibody [10A2] (biotin)
CATALOG NUMBER: PM-7371-biotin
HIV-1 p24 Antibody [9D2F6] (biotin)
CATALOG NUMBER: PM-7369-biotin
HIV-1 p24 Antibody [8D7E11] (biotin)
CATALOG NUMBER: PM-7367-biotin