- SPECIES: Human
- SOURCE SPECIES: HEK293 cells
- RECOMBINANT PROTEIN SEQUENCE: Lys 19 - His 317
- FUSION TAG: His Tag
- TESTED APPLICATIONS: WB
- APPLICATION NOTE: This protein carries a polyhistidine tag at the N-terminus. The protein has a calculated MW of 36.1 kDa. The protein migrates as 35-40 kDa under reducing (R) condition (SDS-PAGE) due to glycosylation.
- PREDICTED MOLECULAR WEIGHT: 36.1 kDa
- PURITY: >90% as determined by SDS-PAGE.
- PHYSICAL STATE: Lyophilized
- BUFFER: PBS, 5 mM CHAPS, 2 mM DTT, pH 7.4
- STORAGE CONDITIONS: Lyophilized Protein should be stored at -20°C or lower for long term storage. Upon reconstitution, working aliquots should be stored at -20°C or -70°C. Avoid repeated freeze-thaw cycles.
- ADDITIONAL NAMES: Apolipoprotein E,APOE,Apo-E
- APOE is an apolipoprotein, a protein associating with lipid particles, that mainly functions in lipoprotein-mediated lipid transport between organs via the plasma and interstitial fluids. APOE is a core component of plasma lipoproteins and is involved in their production, conversion and clearance. Apoliproteins are amphipathic molecules that interact both with lipids of the lipoprotein particle core and the aqueous environment of the plasma. As such, APOE associates with chylomicrons, chylomicron remnants, very low density lipoproteins (VLDL) and intermediate density lipoproteins (IDL) but shows a preferential binding to high-density lipoproteins (HDL). It also binds a wide range of cellular receptors including the LDL receptor/LDLR, the LDL receptor-related proteins LRP1, LRP2 and LRP8 and the very low-density lipoprotein receptor/VLDLR that mediate the cellular uptake of the APOE-containing lipoprotein particles.
- 1: Arnon R, et al. 1991. Biochim Biophys Acta. 1085(3):336-42.
- 2: Ji ZS, et al. 1997. J Biol Chem. 272(50):31285-92.
- 3: Marcel YL, et al. 1983. Biochim Biophys Acta. 750(2):411-7.
- FOR RESEARCH USE ONLY
For additional information, visit ProSci's Terms & Conditions Page.
- Disclaimer: Products are intended for laboratory research purposes only and should be used by qualified personnel only. They are not intended for use in humans. ProSci is not liable for damages or injuries resulting from receipt and/or use of ProSci materials. Please refer to the Material Safety Data Sheet (MSDS) for safe storage, handling, and use procedures.
CATALOG NUMBER: 11-256
- Size: 0.1 mg
- List Price: $470.00
$65 Standard Overnight flat rate for as many products shipped within the United States.
$35 Dry Ice Shipment fee may be required on some items.
Note: Online orders only accepted for shipment within the USA. Click here for the list of international distributors.
Customize your order
Bulk Pricing Available
Custom Formulations: azide free, endotoxin testing & endotoxin removal.
Pair your antibody with a Lysate, Peptide, Control, & /OR Secondary Antibody.
Contact our Customer Care Team for more information
Custom Antibody Services
Speak to one of our custom antibody specialists to discuss your next custom antibody project.