- HOST SPECIES: Rabbit
- SPECIES REACTIVITY: Chicken, Human
- HOMOLOGY: Predicted species reactivity based on immunogen sequence: Pig: (100%), Bovine: (93%), Rat: (79%), Mouse: (79%)
- IMMUNOGEN: ApoA4 antibody was raised against a 15 amino acid synthetic peptide near the carboxy terminus of human ApoA4.
The immunogen is located within amino acids 320 - 370 of ApoA4.
- CONJUGATE: Unconjugated
- TESTED APPLICATIONS: ELISA, WB
- APPLICATION NOTE: ApoA4 antibody can be used for detection of ApoA4 by Western blot at 1 μg/mL.
Antibody validated: Western Blot in human samples. All other applications and species not yet tested.
- POSITIVE CONTROL 1: Cat. No. 1313 - Human Testis Tissue Lysate
- PREDICTED MOLECULAR WEIGHT: Predicted: 41 kDa
Observed: 40 kDa
- PURIFICATION: ApoA4 Antibody is affinity chromatography purified via peptide column.
- CLONALITY: Polyclonal
- ISOTYPE: IgG
- PHYSICAL STATE: Liquid
- BUFFER: ApoA4 Antibody is supplied in PBS containing 0.02% sodium azide.
- CONCENTRATION: 1 mg/mL
- STORAGE CONDITIONS: ApoA4 antibody can be stored at 4°C for three months and -20°C, stable for up to one year. As with all antibodies care should be taken to avoid repeated freeze thaw cycles. Antibodies should not be exposed to prolonged high temperatures.
- NCBI OFFICIAL SYMBOL: APOA4
- ADDITIONAL NAMES: ApoA4 Antibody: Apolipoprotein A-IV, Apolipoprotein A4, Apo-AIV
- Protein Accession Number: NCBIaccessionNo.AAA51744
- PROTEIN GI NUMBER: 71773110
- NCBI GENE ID NUMBER: 337
- USER NOTE: Optimal dilutions for each application to be determined by the researcher.
- ApoA4 Antibody: Apolipoprotein A4 (also known as ApoA-IV) is a plasma protein that is an O-linked glycoprotein after proteolytic processing. ApoA4 is a major constituent of HDL and it also can be found on the surface of newly synthesized chylomicrons. The physiological function of ApoA4 is not completely identified so far, but evidence from several in vitro studies indicate that this apolipoprotein is involved in several steps of the reverse cholesterol transport pathway, which transports cholesterol from peripheral cells back to the liver.
- 1: Karathanasis SK, Oettgen P, Haddad IA, et al. Structure, evolution, and polymorphisms of the human apolipoprotein A4 gene (APOA4). Proc. Natl. Acad. Sci. USA 1986; 83: 8457-61
- 2: Kamboh MI, Friedlaender JS, Ahn YI, et al. A common deletion polymorphism in the apolipoprotein A4 gene and its significance in lipid metabolism. Arterioscler. Thromb. 1994; 14: 656-62
- 3: Kronenberg F, Stuhlinger M, Trenkwalder E, et al. Low apolipoprotein A-IV plasma concentrations in men with coronary artery disease. J. Am. Coll. Cardiol. 2000; 36:751-7.
- 4: Von Eckardstein A, Huang Y, Wu S, et al. Lipoproteins containing apolipoprotein A-IV but not apolipoprotein A-I take up and esterify cell-derived cholesterol in plasma. Arterioscler. Thromb. Vasc. Biol. 1995; 15:1755-63.
- FOR RESEARCH USE ONLY
For additional information, visit ProSci's Terms & Conditions Page.
- Disclaimer: Optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user. The information provided is a guideline for product use. This product is for research use only.
CATALOG NUMBER: 5929
- Size: 0.02 mg | 0.1 mg
- List Price: $89.00 – $395.00
$65 Standard Overnight flat rate for as many products shipped within the United States.
$35 Dry Ice Shipment fee may be required on some items.
Note: Online orders only accepted for shipment within the USA. Click here for the list of international distributors.
Customize your order
Bulk Pricing Available
Custom Formulations: azide free, endotoxin testing & endotoxin removal.
Pair your antibody with a Lysate, Peptide, Control, & /OR Secondary Antibody.
Contact our Customer Care Team for more information
Custom Antibody Services
Speak to one of our custom antibody specialists to discuss your next custom antibody project.