- HOST SPECIES: Rabbit
- SPECIES REACTIVITY: Chicken, Human
- IMMUNOGEN: ApoA1 antibody was raised against a 19 amino acid synthetic peptide near the carboxy terminus of human ApoA1.
The immunogen is located within the last 50 amino acids of ApoA1.
- CONJUGATE: Unconjugated
- TESTED APPLICATIONS: E, WB
- APPLICATION NOTE: ApoA1 antibody can be used for detection of ApoA1 by Western blot at 1 μg/mL.
Antibody validated: Western Blot in chicken samples. All other applications and species not yet tested.
- POSITIVE CONTROL 1: Chicken Liver Lysate
- PURIFICATION: ApoA1 Antibody is affinity chromatography purified via peptide column.
- CLONALITY: Polyclonal
- ISOTYPE: IgG
- PHYSICAL STATE: Liquid
- BUFFER: ApoA1 Antibody is supplied in PBS containing 0.02% sodium azide.
- CONCENTRATION: 1 mg/mL
- STORAGE CONDITIONS: ApoA1 antibody can be stored at 4°C for three months and -20°C, stable for up to one year. As with all antibodies care should be taken to avoid repeated freeze thaw cycles. Antibodies should not be exposed to prolonged high temperatures.
- NCBI OFFICIAL SYMBOL: APOA1
- ADDITIONAL NAMES: ApoA1 Antibody: Apolipoprotein A-I, Apolipoprotein A1, Apo-AI
- Protein Accession Number: P02647
- PROTEIN GI NUMBER: 113992
- NCBI GENE ID NUMBER: 335
- USER NOTE: Optimal dilutions for each application to be determined by the researcher.
- ApoA1 Antibody: Apolipoprotein A1 (ApoA1) is the major protein component of high density lipoprotein (HDL) in plasma, which is correlated with cardiovascular disease. ApoA1 is synthesized in the liver and small intestine and promotes cholesterol efflux from tissues to the liver for excretion. It is a cofactor for lecithin cholesterolacyltransferase (LCAT), the enzyme responsible for the formation of most plasma cholesteryl esters. Defects in ApoA1 are associated with HDL deficiency, Tangier disease, and systemic non-neuropathic amyloidosis.
- 1: Zhu X, Wu G, Zeng W, et al. Cysteine mutants of human apolipoprotein A-I: a study of secondary structural and functional properties. J. Lipid Res. 2005; 46:1303-11
- 2: Sorci-Thomas MG, Prack MM, Dashti N, et al. Differential effects of dietary fat on the tissue-specific expression of the apolipoprotein A-I gene: relationship to plasma concentration of high density lipoproteins. J. Lipid Res. 1989; 30:1397-403
- 3: Lai C-Q, Parnell LD, and Ordovas JM. The APOA1 /C3/A4/A5 gene cluster, lipid metabolism and cardiovascular disease risk. Curr. Opin. Lipid. 2005; 16:153-66
- FOR RESEARCH USE ONLY
For additional information, visit ProSci's Terms & Conditions Page.
- Disclaimer: Optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user. The information provided is a guideline for product use. This product is for research use only.
CATALOG NUMBER: 6265
- Size: 0.02 mg | 0.1 mg
- List Price: $89.00 – $395.00
$65 Standard Overnight flat rate for as many products shipped within the United States.
$35 Dry Ice Shipment fee may be required on some items.
Note: Online orders only accepted for shipment within the USA. Click here for the list of international distributors.
Customize your order
Bulk Pricing Available
Custom Formulations: azide free, endotoxin testing & endotoxin removal.
Pair your antibody with a Lysate, Peptide, Control, & /OR Secondary Antibody.
Contact our Customer Care Team for more information
Custom Antibody Services
Speak to one of our custom antibody specialists to discuss your next custom antibody project.