- SPECIES: Human
- SOURCE SPECIES: E. coli
- RECOMBINANT PROTEIN SEQUENCE: MDEPPQSPWD RVKDLATVYV DVLKDSGRDY VSQFEGSALG KQLNLKLLDN WDSVTSTFSK LREQLGPVTQ EFWDNLEKET EGLRQEMSKD LEEVKAKVQP YLDDFQKKWQ EEMELYRQKV EPLRAELQEG ARQKLHELQE KLSPLGEEMR DRARAHVDAL RTHLAPYSDE LRQRLAARLE ALKENGGARL AEYHAKATEH LSTLSEKAKP ALEDLRQGLL PVLESFKVSF LSALEEYTKK LNTQ
- PURITY: Greater than 97% by SDS-PAGE gel and HPLC analyses.
Endotoxin level is less than 0.1 ng per μg (1EU/μg).
- PHYSICAL STATE: Lyophilized
- STORAGE CONDITIONS: The lyophilized ApoA-I recombinant protein is stable for at least 2 years from date of receipt at -20°C. Reconstituted ApoA-I is stable for at least 3 months when stored in working aliquots with a carrier protein at -20°C. As with any protein, exposing ApoA-I recombinant protein to repeated freeze / thaw cycles is not recommended. When working with proteins care should be taken to keep recombinant protein at a cool and stable temperature.
- NCBI OFFICIAL SYMBOL: APOA1
- ADDITIONAL NAMES: Apolipoprotein A-I, Apolipoprotein A1, Apo-AI
- Protein Accession Number: NP_000030.1
- PROTEIN GI NUMBER: 4557321
- NCBI GENE ID NUMBER: 335
- ApoA-I is a 29.0 kDa protein produced in the liver and intestine, and secreted as the predominant constituent of nascent high-density lipoprotein (HDL) particle. ApoA-I, which is found exclusively in HDL, has a unique ability to capture and solubilize free cholesterol. This apoA-I ability enables HDL to remove excess peripheral cholesterol and return it to the liver for recycling and excretion. This process, called reverse cholesterol transport, is though to inhibit atherogenesis. For this reason HDL is also known as the "good cholesterol.” The therapeutic potential of apoA-I has been recently assessed in patients with acute coronary syndromes, using a recombinant form of a naturally occurring variant of apoA-I (called apoA-I Milano). The availability of recombinant normal apoA-I should facilitate further investigation into the potential usefulness of apoA-I in preventing atherosclerotic vascular diseases. Recombinant human ApoA-I is a 28.2 kDa protein of 244 amino acid residues.
- FOR RESEARCH USE ONLY
For additional information, visit ProSci's Terms & Conditions Page.
- Disclaimer: This product is for research use only.
CATALOG NUMBER: 40-139
- Size: 0.02 mg | 0.1 mg
- List Price: $189.00 – $289.00
$65 Standard Overnight flat rate for as many products shipped within the United States.
$35 Dry Ice Shipment fee may be required on some items.
Note: Online orders only accepted for shipment within the USA. Click here for the list of international distributors.
Customize your order
Bulk Pricing Available
Custom Formulations: azide free, endotoxin testing & endotoxin removal.
Pair your antibody with a Lysate, Peptide, Control, & /OR Secondary Antibody.
Contact our Customer Care Team for more information
Custom Antibody Services
Speak to one of our custom antibody specialists to discuss your next custom antibody project.