- HOST SPECIES: Rabbit
- SPECIES REACTIVITY: Human, Mouse, Rat
- HOMOLOGY: Predicted species reactivity based on immunogen sequence: Pig: (78%)
- IMMUNOGEN: APO-E antibody was raised against a 19 amino acid peptide near the carboxy terminus of human APO-E.
The immunogen is located within amino acids 220 - 270 of APO-E.
- CONJUGATE: Unconjugated
- TESTED APPLICATIONS: E, IF, IHC-P, WB
- APPLICATION NOTE: APO-E antibody can be used for detection of APO-E by Western blot at 1 - 2 μg/mL. Antibody can also be used for immunohistochemistry starting at 5 μg/mL. For immunofluorescence start at 20 μg/mL.
Antibody validated: Western Blot in human samples; Immunohistochemistry in human and mouse samples and Immunofluorescence in mouse samples. All other applications and species not yet tested.
- POSITIVE CONTROL 1: Cat. No. 1303 - Human Brain Tissue Lysate
- POSITIVE CONTROL 2: Cat. No. 10-201 - Human Liver Tissue Slide
- PREDICTED MOLECULAR WEIGHT: Predicted: 35 kDa
Observed: 34 kDa
- PURIFICATION: APO-E Antibody is affinity chromatography purified via peptide column.
- CLONALITY: Polyclonal
- ISOTYPE: IgG
- PHYSICAL STATE: Liquid
- BUFFER: APO-E Antibody is supplied in PBS containing 0.02% sodium azide.
- CONCENTRATION: 1 mg/mL
- STORAGE CONDITIONS: APO-E antibody can be stored at 4°C for three months and -20°C, stable for up to one year.
- NCBI OFFICIAL SYMBOL: APOE
- ADDITIONAL NAMES: APO-E Antibody: AD2, LPG, LDLCQ5, Apolipoprotein E, Apo-E
- Protein Accession Number: NP_000032
- PROTEIN GI NUMBER: 4557325
- NCBI GENE ID NUMBER: 348
- USER NOTE: Optimal dilutions for each application to be determined by the researcher.
- APO-E Antibody: Chylomicron remnants and very low density lipoprotein (VLDL) remnants are rapidly removed from the circulation by receptor-mediated endocytosis in the liver. Apolipoprotein E (APO-E), a main apoprotein of the chylomicron, binds to a specific receptor on liver cells and peripheral cells and is essential for the normal catabolism of triglyceride-rich lipoprotein constituents. Defects in APO-E result in familial dysbetalipoproteinemia, or type III hyperlipoproteinemia (HLP III), in which increased plasma cholesterol and triglycerides are the consequence of impaired clearance of chylomicron and VLDL remnants.
- 1: Vasquez EC, Peotta VA, Gava TMC, et al. Cardiac and vascular phenotypes in the epolipoprotein E-deficient mouse. J. Biomed. Sci. 2012; 19:22.
- 2: Feussner G, Funke H, Weng W, et al. Severe type III hyperlipoproteinemia associated with unusual apolipoprotein E1 phenotype and epsilon 1/'null' genotype. Eur. J. Clin. Invest. 1992; 22:599-608.
- FOR RESEARCH USE ONLY
For additional information, visit ProSci's Terms & Conditions Page.
- Disclaimer: Optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user. The information provided is a guideline for product use. This product is for research use only.
CATALOG NUMBER: 7333
- Size: 0.02 mg | 0.1 mg
- List Price: $89.00 – $395.00
$65 Standard Overnight flat rate for as many products shipped within the United States.
$35 Dry Ice Shipment fee may be required on some items.
Note: Online orders only accepted for shipment within the USA. Click here for the list of international distributors.
Customize your order
Bulk Pricing Available
Custom Formulations: azide free, endotoxin testing & endotoxin removal.
Pair your antibody with a Lysate, Peptide, Control, & /OR Secondary Antibody.
Contact our Customer Care Team for more information
Custom Antibody Services
Speak to one of our custom antibody specialists to discuss your next custom antibody project.