- HOST SPECIES: Rabbit
- SPECIES REACTIVITY: Human, Mouse
- HOMOLOGY: Predicted species reactivity based on immunogen sequence: Chicken: (100%), Rat: (100%)
- IMMUNOGEN: APG7 antibody was raised against a 17 amino acid synthetic peptide from near the carboxy terminus of human APG7.
The immunogen is located within amino acids 590 - 640 of APG7.
- CONJUGATE: Unconjugated
- TESTED APPLICATIONS: E, ICC, IF, WB
- APPLICATION NOTE: APG7 antibody can be used for the detection of APG7 by Western blot at 0.5 - 2 μg/mL. Antibody can also be used for immunocytochemistry starting at 10 μg/mL. For immunofluorescence start at 20 μg/mL.
Antibody validated: Western Blot in human samples; Immunocytochemistry in human samples and Immunofluorescence in human samples. All other applications and species not yet tested.
- SPECIFICITY: At least three isoforms of APG7 are known to exist; this antibody will detect all three isoforms. APG7 antibody is predicted not to cross-react with other ATG family proteins.
- POSITIVE CONTROL 1: Cat. No. 1223 - Caco-2 Cell Lysate
- POSITIVE CONTROL 2: Cat. No. 1219 - MCF7 Cell Lysate
- POSITIVE CONTROL 3: Cat. No. 17-012 - MCF7 Cell Slide
- PREDICTED MOLECULAR WEIGHT: Predicted: 69, 74, 77 kDa
Observed: 77 kDa
- PURIFICATION: APG7 Antibody is affinity chromatography purified via peptide column.
- CLONALITY: Polyclonal
- ISOTYPE: IgG
- PHYSICAL STATE: Liquid
- BUFFER: APG7 Antibody is supplied in PBS containing 0.02% sodium azide.
- CONCENTRATION: 1 mg/mL
- STORAGE CONDITIONS: APG7 antibody can be stored at 4°C for three months and -20°C, stable for up to one year. As with all antibodies care should be taken to avoid repeated freeze thaw cycles. Antibodies should not be exposed to prolonged high temperatures.
- NCBI OFFICIAL SYMBOL: ATG7
- ADDITIONAL NAMES: APG7 Antibody: GSA7, APG7L, APG7-LIKE, Ubiquitin-like modifier-activating enzyme ATG7, ATG12-activating enzyme E1 ATG7, APG7-like
- Protein Accession Number: NP_006386
- PROTEIN GI NUMBER: 5453668
- NCBI GENE ID NUMBER: 10533
- USER NOTE: Optimal dilutions for each application to be determined by the researcher.
- APG7 Antibody: Autophagy, the process of bulk degradation of cellular proteins through an autophagosomic-lysosomal pathway is important for normal growth control and may be defective in tumor cells. It is involved in the preservation of cellular nutrients under starvation conditions as well as the normal turnover of cytosolic components. This process is negatively regulated by TOR (Target of rapamycin) through phosphorylation of autophagy protein APG1. Another member of the autophagy family of proteins is APG7 which was identified in yeast as a ubiquitin-E1-like enzyme; this function is conserved in the mammalian homolog. In mammalian cells, APG7 is essential for autophagy conjugation systems, autophagosome formation, starvation-induced bulk degradation of proteins and organelles. It has been suggested that caspase-8 may alter APG7 levels and thus the APG7 program of autophagic cell death.
- 1: Gozuacik D and Kimchi A. Autophagy as a cell death and tumor suppressor mechanism. Oncogene. 2004; 23:2891-906.
- 2: Kisen GO, Tessitore L, Costelli P, et al. Reduced autophagic activity in primary rat hepatocellular carcinoma and ascites hepatoma cells. Carcinogenesis 1993; 14:2501-5.
- 3: Kamada Y, Funakoshi T, Shintani T, et al. Tor-mediated induction of autophagy via Apg1 protein kinase complex. J. Cell. Biol. 2000; 150:1507-13.
- 4: Mizushima N, Noda T, Yoshimori T, et al. A protein conjugation system essential for autophagy. Nature 1998; 395:395-8.
- FOR RESEARCH USE ONLY
For additional information, visit ProSci's Terms & Conditions Page.
- Disclaimer: Optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user. The information provided is a guideline for product use. This product is for research use only.
CATALOG NUMBER: 3615
- Size: 0.02 mg | 0.1 mg
- List Price: $109.00 – $379.00
$65 Standard Overnight flat rate for as many products shipped within the United States.
$35 Dry Ice Shipment fee may be required on some items.
Note: Online orders only accepted for shipment within the USA. Click here for the list of international distributors.
New & Featured Products
CATALOG NUMBER: 95-201
CATALOG NUMBER: 95-200
CATALOG NUMBER: 9805