- HOST SPECIES: Rabbit
- SPECIES REACTIVITY: Human
- HOMOLOGY: Predicted species reactivity based on immunogen sequence: Mouse: (78%), Rat: (78%)
- IMMUNOGEN: APBA2 antibody was raised against an 18 amino acid synthetic peptide near the center of human APBA2.
The immunogen is located within amino acids 290 - 340 of APBA2.
- CONJUGATE: Unconjugated
- TESTED APPLICATIONS: ELISA, IF, IHC-P, WB
- APPLICATION NOTE: APBA2 antibody can be used for detection of APBA2 by Western blot at 1 - 2 μg/mL. Antibody can also be used for immunohistochemistry starting at 10 μg/mL. For immunofluorescence start at 20 μg/mL.
Antibody validated: Western Blot in human samples; Immunohistochemistry in human samples and Immunofluorescence in human samples. All other applications and species not yet tested.
- POSITIVE CONTROL 1: Cat. No. 1303 - Human Brain Tissue Lysate
- POSITIVE CONTROL 2: Cat. No. 10-301 - Human Brain Tissue Slide
- PURIFICATION: APBA2 Antibody is affinity chromatography purified via peptide column.
- CLONALITY: Polyclonal
- ISOTYPE: IgG
- PHYSICAL STATE: Liquid
- BUFFER: APBA2 Antibody is supplied in PBS containing 0.02% sodium azide.
- CONCENTRATION: 1 mg/mL
- STORAGE CONDITIONS: APBA2 antibody can be stored at 4°C for three months and -20°C, stable for up to one year. As with all antibodies care should be taken to avoid repeated freeze thaw cycles. Antibodies should not be exposed to prolonged high temperatures.
- NCBI OFFICIAL SYMBOL: APBA2
- ADDITIONAL NAMES: APBA2 Antibody: X11L, MINT2, LIN-10, HsT16821, X11-BETA, D15S1518E, MGC:14091, X11L, Amyloid beta A4 precursor protein-binding family A member 2, Adapter protein X11beta, Mint-2
- Protein Accession Number: NP_005494
- PROTEIN GI NUMBER: 22035550
- NCBI GENE ID NUMBER: 321
- USER NOTE: Optimal dilutions for each application to be determined by the researcher.
- APBA2 Antibody: APBA2, a member of the X11 protein family, is a phosphotyrosine-binding domain protein and is a neuronal adapter protein that interacts with amyloid precursor protein (APP) and neuritic plaques in the brains of patients with Alzheimer's disease. It stabilizes APP and inhibits production of proteolytic APP fragments including the Abeta peptide that is deposited in the brains of Alzheimer's disease patients. APBA2 is believed to be involved in signal transduction processes and is also regarded as a putative vesicular trafficking protein in the brain that can form a complex with the potential to couple synaptic vesicle exocytosis to neuronal cell adhesion. Recent reports suggest that it may also be a candidate gene for autism.
- 1: Blanco G, Irving NG, Brown SDM, et al. Mapping of the human and murine X11-like genes (APBA2 and Apba2), the murine Fe65 gene (Apbb1), and the human Fe65-like gene (APBB2): genes encoding phosphotyrosine-binding domain proteins that interact with the Alzheimer's disease amyloid precursor protein. Mamm. Gen.1988; 9:473-5.
- 2: Mint2/X11-like colocalizes with the Alzheimer's disease amyloid precursor protein and is associated with neuritic plaques in Alzheimer's disease. Eur. J. Neurosci.1999; 11:1988-94.
- 3: Lee JH, Lau KF, Perkinton MS, et al. The neuronal adaptor protein X11beta reduces amyloid beta-protein levels and amyloid plaque formation in the brains of transgenic mice. J. Biol. Chem.2004; 279:49099-104.
- 4: Lee HW, Park JW, Sandagsuren EU, et al. Overexpression of APP stimulates basal and constitutive exocytosis in PC12 cells. Neurosci. Lett.2008; 436:245-9.
- FOR RESEARCH USE ONLY
For additional information, visit ProSci's Terms & Conditions Page.
- Disclaimer: Optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user. The information provided is a guideline for product use. This product is for research use only.
CATALOG NUMBER: 6039
- Size: 0.02 mg | 0.1 mg
- List Price: $89.00 – $395.00
$65 Standard Overnight flat rate for as many products shipped within the United States.
$35 Dry Ice Shipment fee may be required on some items.
Note: Online orders only accepted for shipment within the USA. Click here for the list of international distributors.
Customize your order
Bulk Pricing Available
Custom Formulations: azide free, endotoxin testing & endotoxin removal.
Pair your antibody with a Lysate, Peptide, Control, & /OR Secondary Antibody.
Contact our Customer Care Team for more information
Custom Antibody Services
Speak to one of our custom antibody specialists to discuss your next custom antibody project.
New & Featured Products
HIV-1 p24 Antibody [10A2] (biotin)
CATALOG NUMBER: PM-7371-biotin
HIV-1 p24 Antibody [9D2F6] (biotin)
CATALOG NUMBER: PM-7369-biotin
HIV-1 p24 Antibody [8D7E11] (biotin)
CATALOG NUMBER: PM-7367-biotin