- HOST SPECIES: Rabbit
- SPECIES REACTIVITY: Human
- HOMOLOGY: Predicted species reactivity based on immunogen sequence: Bovine, Mouse, Rat
- IMMUNOGEN: This AP2S1 antibody is generated from rabbits immunized with a KLH conjugated synthetic peptide between 36-64 amino acids from the Central region of human AP2S1.
- CONJUGATE: Unconjugated
- TESTED APPLICATIONS: WB
- APPLICATION NOTE: For WB starting dilution is: 1:1000
- PREDICTED MOLECULAR WEIGHT: 17 kDa
- PURIFICATION: This antibody is purified through a protein A column, followed by peptide affinity purification.
- CLONALITY: Polyclonal
- ISOTYPE: Rabbit Ig
- PHYSICAL STATE: Liquid
- BUFFER: Supplied in PBS with 0.09% (W/V) sodium azide.
- CONCENTRATION: batch dependent
- STORAGE CONDITIONS: Store at 4°C for three months and -20°C, stable for up to one year. As with all antibodies care should be taken to avoid repeated freeze thaw cycles. Antibodies should not be exposed to prolonged high temperatures.
- NCBI OFFICIAL SYMBOL: AP2S1
- ADDITIONAL NAMES: AP-2 complex subunit sigma, Adaptor protein complex AP-2 subunit sigma, Adaptor-related protein complex 2 subunit sigma, Clathrin assembly protein 2 sigma small chain, Clathrin coat assembly protein AP17, Clathrin coat-associated protein AP17, HA2 17 kDa subunit, Plasma membrane adaptor AP-2 17 kDa protein, Sigma2-adaptin, AP2S1, AP17, CLAPS2
- Protein Accession Number: P53680
- PROTEIN GI NUMBER: 51338780
- NCBI GENE ID NUMBER: 1175
- USER NOTE: Optimal dilutions for each application to be determined by the researcher.
- One of two major clathrin-associated adaptor complexes,AP-2, is a heterotetramer which is associated with the plasmamembrane. This complex is composed of two large chains, a mediumchain, and a small chain. This gene encodes the small chain of thiscomplex. Alternative splicing has been observed in this gene andresults in two known transcripts.
- 1: Stove, V., et al. J. Virol. 79(17):11422-11433(2005)
- 2: Lu, W., et al. Neuron 47(3):407-421(2005)
- 3: Collins, B.M., et al. Cell 109(4):523-535(2002)
- 4: Yano, H., et al. J. Neurosci. 21 (3), RC125 (2001) :
- FOR RESEARCH USE ONLY
For additional information, visit ProSci's Terms & Conditions Page.
- Disclaimer: Optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user. The information provided is a guideline for product use. This product is for research use only.
CATALOG NUMBER: 59-195
- Size: 400 ul
- List Price: $445.00
$65 Standard Overnight flat rate for as many products shipped within the United States.
$35 Dry Ice Shipment fee may be required on some items.
Note: Online orders only accepted for shipment within the USA. Click here for the list of international distributors.
Customize your order
Bulk Pricing Available
Custom Formulations: azide free, endotoxin testing & endotoxin removal.
Pair your antibody with a Lysate, Peptide, Control, & /OR Secondary Antibody.
Contact our Customer Care Team for more information
Custom Antibody Services
Speak to one of our custom antibody specialists to discuss your next custom antibody project.