- HOST SPECIES: Chicken
- SPECIES REACTIVITY: Human, Mouse, Rat
- HOMOLOGY: Predicted species reactivity based on immunogen sequence: Bovine: (100%), Chicken: (100%)
- IMMUNOGEN: AP2M1 antibody was raised against a 16 amino acid synthetic peptide near the carboxy terminus of human AP2M1.
The immunogen is located within amino acids 360 - 410 of AP2M1.
- CONJUGATE: Unconjugated
- TESTED APPLICATIONS: E, IF, IHC-P, WB
- APPLICATION NOTE: AP2M1 antibody can be used for detection of AP2M1 by Western blot at 1 - 2 μg/mL. Antibody can also be used for immunohistochemistry starting at 2.5 μg/mL. For immunofluorescence start at 20 μg/mL.
Antibody validated: Western Blot in human samples; Immunohistochemistry in mouse samples and Immunofluorescence in mouse samples. All other applications and species not yet tested.
- POSITIVE CONTROL 1: Cat. No. 1305 - Human Kidney Tissue Lysate
- PURIFICATION: AP2M1 Antibody is affinity chromatography purified via peptide column.
- CLONALITY: Polyclonal
- ISOTYPE: IgY
- PHYSICAL STATE: Liquid
- BUFFER: AP2M1 Antibody is supplied in PBS containing 0.02% sodium azide.
- CONCENTRATION: 1 mg/mL
- STORAGE CONDITIONS: AP2M1 antibody can be stored at 4°C for three months and -20°C, stable for up to one year. As with all antibodies care should be taken to avoid repeated freeze thaw cycles. Antibodies should not be exposed to prolonged high temperatures.
- NCBI OFFICIAL SYMBOL: AP2M1
- ADDITIONAL NAMES: AP2M1 Antibody: mu2, AP50, CLAPM1, KIAA0109, AP-2 complex subunit mu, AP-2 mu chain
- Protein Accession Number: NP_004059
- PROTEIN GI NUMBER: 14917109
- NCBI GENE ID NUMBER: 1173
- USER NOTE: Optimal dilutions for each application to be determined by the researcher.
- AP2M1 Antibody: The heterotetrameric coat assembly protein complex, also known as the adaptor-related protein complex 2 (AP-2), belongs to the adaptor complexes medium subunits family. The mu 1 subunit of the AP-2 complex (AP2M1) is required for the activity of a vacuolar ATPase, which is responsible for proton pumping occurring in the acidification of endosomes and lysosomes. AP2M1 has also been shown to associate with the HIV-1 protein Nef, suggesting that Nef may use AP-2 complex to enhance the rate of endocytosis of both CD4 and class I MHC. AP2M1 may also play an important role in regulating the intracellular trafficking and function of cytotoxic T-lymphocyte associated (CTLA)-4 protein. At least two isoforms of AP2M1 are known to exist.
- 1: Robinson MS. Adaptable adaptors for coated vesicles. Trends Cell Biol.2004; 14:167-74.
- 2: Aguilar RC, Ohno H, Roche KW, et al. Functional domain mapping of the clathrin-associated adaptor medium chains mu1 and mu J. Biol. Chem.1997; 272:27160-6.
- 3: Liu Q, Feng Y, and Forgac M. Activity and in vitro reassembly of the coated vesicle (H+)-ATPase requires the 50-kDa subunit of the clathrin assembly complex AP-2. J. Biol. Chem.1994; 269:31592-7.
- 4: Craig HM, Reddy TR, Riggs NL, et al. Interactions of HIV-1 Nef with the m subunits of adaptor protein complexes 1, 2, and 3: role of the dileucine-based sorting motif. Virology271:9-17.
- FOR RESEARCH USE ONLY
For additional information, visit ProSci's Terms & Conditions Page.
- Disclaimer: Optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user. The information provided is a guideline for product use. This product is for research use only.
CATALOG NUMBER: 5161
- Size: 0.02 mg | 0.1 mg
- List Price: $109.00 – $379.00
$65 Standard Overnight flat rate for as many products shipped within the United States.
$35 Dry Ice Shipment fee may be required on some items.
Note: Online orders only accepted for shipment within the USA. Click here for the list of international distributors.