- HOST SPECIES: Rabbit
- SPECIES REACTIVITY: Bacteria
- IMMUNOGEN: Anthrax lethal factor antibody was raised against a synthetic peptide corresponding to 16 amino acids in the middle of the Anthrax lethal factor protein.
The immunogen is located within amino acids 420 - 470 of Anthrax Lethal Factor.
- CONJUGATE: Unconjugated
- TESTED APPLICATIONS: ELISA
- APPLICATION NOTE: Anthrax lethal factor antibody can be used for the detection of Anthrax LF protein in ELISA. It will detect 10 ng of free peptide at 1 μg/mL.
- PURIFICATION: Anthrax Lethal Factor Antibody is affinity chromatography purified via peptide column.
- CLONALITY: Polyclonal
- ISOTYPE: IgG
- PHYSICAL STATE: Liquid
- BUFFER: Anthrax Lethal Factor Antibody is supplied in PBS containing 0.02% sodium azide.
- CONCENTRATION: 1 mg/mL
- STORAGE CONDITIONS: Anthrax Lethal Factor antibody can be stored at 4°C for three months and -20°C, stable for up to one year. As with all antibodies care should be taken to avoid repeated freeze thaw cycles. Antibodies should not be exposed to prolonged high temperatures.
- NCBI OFFICIAL SYMBOL: pxo1_107
- ADDITIONAL NAMES: Anthrax Lethal Factor Antibody: Lethal factor, Anthrax lethal toxin endopeptidase component, LF
- Protein Accession Number: P15917
- PROTEIN GI NUMBER: 50402185
- NCBI GENE ID NUMBER: 3361711
- USER NOTE: Optimal dilutions for each application to be determined by the researcher.
- Anthrax Lethal Factor Antibody: Anthrax infection is initiated by the inhalation, ingestion, or cutaneous contact with Bacillus anthracis endospores. B. anthracis produces three polypeptides that comprise the anthrax toxin: protective antigen (PA), lethal factor (LF), and edema factor (EF). PA binds to two related proteins on the cell surface; these are termed tumor epithelial marker 8 (TEM8)/anthrax toxin receptor (ATR) and capillary morphogenesis protein 2 (CMG2), although it is still unclear which is physiologically relevant. Following PA binding to its receptor, PA is cleaved into two fragments by a furin-like protease. The bound fragment binds both LF and EF; the resulting complex is then endocytosed which allows the translocation of LF and EF into the cytoplasm. LF is the primary toxin of anthrax and functions as a highly specific protease that cleaves members of the mitogen-activated protein kinase kinase (MAPKK) family near their amino terminus, interfering with MAPK signaling and inducing apoptosis.
- 1: Schwartz MN. Recognition and management of anthrax - an update. New Engl. J. Med. 2001; 345:1621-6.
- 2: Moayeri M and Leppla SH. The roles of anthrax toxin in pathogenesis. Curr. Opin. Microbiol. 2004; 7:19-24.
- 3: Bradley KA, Mogridge J, Mourez M, et al. Identification of the cellular receptor for anthrax toxin. Nature 2001; 414:225-9.
- 4: Scobie HM, Rainey GJ, Bradley KA, et al. Human capillary morphogenesis protein 2 functions as an anthrax toxin receptor. Proc. Natl. Acad. Sci. USA 2003; 100:5170-4.
- FOR RESEARCH USE ONLY
For additional information, visit ProSci's Terms & Conditions Page.
- Disclaimer: Optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user. The information provided is a guideline for product use. This product is for research use only.
CATALOG NUMBER: 3415
- Size: 0.02 mg | 0.1 mg
- List Price: $89.00 – $395.00
$65 Standard Overnight flat rate for as many products shipped within the United States.
$35 Dry Ice Shipment fee may be required on some items.
Note: Online orders only accepted for shipment within the USA. Click here for the list of international distributors.
Customize your order
Bulk Pricing Available
Custom Formulations: azide free, endotoxin testing & endotoxin removal.
Pair your antibody with a Lysate, Peptide, Control, & /OR Secondary Antibody.
Contact our Customer Care Team for more information
Custom Antibody Services
Speak to one of our custom antibody specialists to discuss your next custom antibody project.
New & Featured Products
HIV-1 p24 Antibody [10A2] (biotin)
CATALOG NUMBER: PM-7371-biotin
HIV-1 p24 Antibody [9D2F6] (biotin)
CATALOG NUMBER: PM-7369-biotin
HIV-1 p24 Antibody [8D7E11] (biotin)
CATALOG NUMBER: PM-7367-biotin