- SPECIES: Mouse
- SOURCE SPECIES: COS-7 cells
- RECOMBINANT PROTEIN SEQUENCE: Mouse ANGPTL4 (aa 1-410) is fused at the C-terminus to a DDDDK-tag.
- FUSION TAG: DDDDK Tag
- APPLICATION NOTE: This recombinant proteins is for research use only.
- BIOLOGICAL ACTIVITY: Activates ERK phosphorylation in THP-1 cells.
- PURITY: >90% (SDS-PAGE).
Endotoxin level is less than 0.1EU/ μg purified protein (LAL test; Lonza).
- PHYSICAL STATE: Liquid
- BUFFER: 0.2um-filtered solution in PBS.
- CONCENTRATION: 1mg/ml
- STORAGE CONDITIONS: Working aliquots are stable for up to 3 months when stored at -20°C.
- NCBI OFFICIAL SYMBOL: Angptl4
- ADDITIONAL NAMES: Angiopoietin-like Protein 4, FIAF, Fasting-induced Adipose Factor, HFARP, Hepatic Fibrinogen/Angiopoietin-related Protein
- Protein Accession Number: Q9Z1P8
- PROTEIN GI NUMBER: 25008127
- NCBI GENE ID NUMBER: 57875
- ANGPTL4 (Angiopoietin-like protein 4) mainly expressed in endothelial cells (hypoxia-induced). Regulates angiogenesis and modulates tumorigenesis and directly regulates lipid, glucose, and energy metabolism. Inhibits proliferation, migration, and tubule formation of endothelial cells and reduces vascular leakage. ANGPTL4 is a protein consisting of an N-terminal coiled-coil domain and a C-terminal fibrinogen-like domain (FLD). Both domains have distinct biological functions. The coiled-coil domain is responsible for the inhibitory effects on lipoprotein lipase (LPL) converting the active form of LPL into an inactive form, and the FLD domain mediates its antiangiogenic functions. The coiled coil and the FLD domains are separated by a short linker that can be cleaved after secretion. ANGPTL4 appears on the cell surface as the full-length form, where it can be released by heparin treatment. ANGPTL4 protein is then proteolytically cleaved by proprotein convertases (PCs), including furin, PC5/6, paired basic amino acid-cleaving enzyme 4, and PC7.
- FOR RESEARCH USE ONLY
For additional information, visit ProSci's Terms & Conditions Page.
- Disclaimer: Products are intended for laboratory research purposes only and should be used by qualified personnel only. They are not intended for use in humans. ProSci is not liable for damages or injuries resulting from receipt and/or use of ProSci materials. Please refer to the Material Safety Data Sheet (MSDS) for safe storage, handling, and use procedures.
CATALOG NUMBER: 90-074
- Size: 10 ug
- List Price: $285.00
$65 Standard Overnight flat rate for as many products shipped within the United States.
$35 Dry Ice Shipment fee may be required on some items.
Note: Online orders only accepted for shipment within the USA. Click here for the list of international distributors.
New & Featured Products
CATALOG NUMBER: 95-201
CATALOG NUMBER: 95-200
CATALOG NUMBER: 9805