- HOST SPECIES: Rabbit
- SPECIES REACTIVITY: Human, Mouse, Rat
- IMMUNOGEN: ANGPTL3 antibody was raised against an 18 amino acid peptide near the carboxy terminus of human ANGPTL3.
The immunogen is located within the last 50 amino acids of ANGPTL3.
- CONJUGATE: Unconjugated
- TESTED APPLICATIONS: E, IF, IHC-P, WB
- APPLICATION NOTE: ANGPTL3 antibody can be used for detection of ANGPTL3 by Western blot at 1 - 2 μg/ml. Antibody can also be used for Immunohistochemistry at 5 μg/mL. For Immunoflorescence start at 20 μg/mL.
Antibody validated: Western Blot in human samples; Immunohistochemistry in rat samples and Immunofluorescence in rat samples. All other applications and species not yet tested.
- SPECIFICITY: ANGPTL3 antibody is human, mouse and rat reactive. ANGPTL3 antibody is predicted not to cross-react with other ANGPTL family proteins.
- POSITIVE CONTROL 1: Cat. No. 1301 - Human Heart Tissue Lysate
- PREDICTED MOLECULAR WEIGHT: Predicted: 51 kDa
Observed: 53 kDa
- PURIFICATION: ANGPTL3 antibody is affinity chromatography purified via peptide column.
- CLONALITY: Polyclonal
- ISOTYPE: IgG
- PHYSICAL STATE: Liquid
- BUFFER: ANGPTL3 antibody is supplied in PBS containing 0.02% sodium azide.
- CONCENTRATION: 1 mg/mL
- STORAGE CONDITIONS: ANGPTL3 antibody can be stored at 4°C for three months and -20°C, stable for up to one year.
- NCBI OFFICIAL SYMBOL: ANGPTL3
- ADDITIONAL NAMES: ANGPTL3 Antibody: ANL3, ANG-5, FHBL2, ANGPT5, UNQ153/PRO179, Angiopoietin-related protein 3, Angiopoietin-5
- Protein Accession Number: NP_055310
- PROTEIN GI NUMBER: 7656888
- NCBI GENE ID NUMBER: 27329
- USER NOTE: Optimal dilutions for each application to be determined by the researcher.
- The angiopoietin-related protein 3 (ANGPTL3) is a member of a family of secreted proteins that function in angiogenesis (1). ANGPTL3 is processed into an N-terminal coiled-coil domain-containing chain and a C-terminal fibrinogen chain. The N-terminal chain is important for lipid metablism, while the C-terminal chain may be involved in angiogenesis (2,3). Recent experiments have shown that a deficiency of ANGPTL3 is associated with increased insulin sensitivity, lipoprotein lipase activity, and decreased serum free fatty acids, suggesting that ANGPTL3 may also play a role in modulating glucose metabolism (4).
- 1: Conklin D, Gilbertson D, Taft DW, et al. Identification of a mammalian angiopoietin-related protein expressed specifically in liver. Genomics 1999; 62:477-82.
- 2: Koishi R, Ando Y, Ono M, et al. Angptl3 regulates lipid metabolism in mice. Nat. Genet. 2002; 30:151-7.
- 3: Camenisch G, Pisabarro MT, Sherman D, et al. ANGPTL3 stimulates endothelial cell adhesion and migration via integrin alpha vbeta 3 and induces blood vessel formation in vivo.J. Biol. Chem. 2002; 277:17281-90.
- 4: Robciuc MR, Maranghi M, Lahikainen A, et al. Angptl3 deficiency is associated with increased insulin sensitivity, lipoprotein lipase activity, and decreased serum free fatty acids. Arterioscler. Thromb. Vasc. Biol. 2013; 33:1706-13.
- FOR RESEARCH USE ONLY
For additional information, visit ProSci's Terms & Conditions Page.
- Disclaimer: Optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user. The information provided is a guideline for product use. This product is for research use only.
CATALOG NUMBER: 7865
- Size: 0.02 mg | 0.1 mg
- List Price: $109.00 – $379.00
$65 Standard Overnight flat rate for as many products shipped within the United States.
$35 Dry Ice Shipment fee may be required on some items.
Note: Online orders only accepted for shipment within the USA. Click here for the list of international distributors.
Customize your order
Bulk Pricing Available
Custom Formulations: azide free, endotoxin testing & endotoxin removal.
Pair your antibody with a Lysate, Peptide, Control, & /OR Secondary Antibody.
Contact our Customer Care Team for more information
Custom Antibody Services
Speak to one of our custom antibody specialists to discuss your next custom antibody project.