- HOST SPECIES: Rabbit
- SPECIES REACTIVITY: Human, Mouse, Rat
- HOMOLOGY: Predicted species reactivity based on immunogen sequence: Horse: (75%)
- IMMUNOGEN: ANG antibody was raised against a 15 amino acid synthetic peptide near the center of human ANG.
The immunogen is located within amino acids 70 - 120 of ANG.
- CONJUGATE: Unconjugated
- TESTED APPLICATIONS: E, IF, WB
- APPLICATION NOTE: ANG antibody can be used for detection of ANG by Western blot at 1 - 2 μg/mL. For immunofluorescence start at 20 μg/mL.
Antibody validated: Western Blot in rat samples and Immunofluorescence in human samples. All other applications and species not yet tested.
- SPECIFICITY: Two alternatively spliced transcript variants have been observed.
- POSITIVE CONTROL 1: Cat. No. 1464 - Rat Liver Tissue Lysate
- POSITIVE CONTROL 2: Cat. No. 10-201 - Human Liver Tissue Slide
- PREDICTED MOLECULAR WEIGHT: 16 kDa
- PURIFICATION: ANG Antibody is affinity chromatography purified via peptide column.
- CLONALITY: Polyclonal
- ISOTYPE: IgG
- PHYSICAL STATE: Liquid
- BUFFER: ANG Antibody is supplied in PBS containing 0.02% sodium azide.
- CONCENTRATION: 1 mg/mL
- STORAGE CONDITIONS: ANG antibody can be stored at 4°C for three months and -20°C, stable for up to one year. As with all antibodies care should be taken to avoid repeated freeze thaw cycles. Antibodies should not be exposed to prolonged high temperatures.
- NCBI OFFICIAL SYMBOL: ANG
- ADDITIONAL NAMES: ANG Antibody: ALS9, RAA1, HEL168, RNASE4, RNASE5, Angiogenin, Ribonuclease 5, RNase 5
- Protein Accession Number: NP_001136
- PROTEIN GI NUMBER: 4557313
- NCBI GENE ID NUMBER: 283
- USER NOTE: Optimal dilutions for each application to be determined by the researcher.
- ANG Antibody: Angiogenin (ANG or ANG I) is important for the process of neovascularization and formation of new blood vessels. ANG is similar to pancreatic ribonuclease A and functions as a tRNA-specific ribonuclease that abolishes protein synthesis by specifically hydrolyzing cellular tRNAs. It interacts with endothelial cell-surface actin and may cause changes in the cell cytoskeleton. ANG is thought to be involved in the development of solid tumors and its antagonists are capable of inhibiting tumor growth. Defects in ANG are the cause of susceptibility to amyotrophic lateral sclerosis type 9 (ALS9). Angiogenin is a genetic link between ALS and PD.
- 1: Moroianu J and Riordan JF. Identification of the nucleolar targeting signal of human angiogenin. Biochem. Biophys. Res. Commun. 1994; 203:1765-72.
- 2: Hu G, Riordan JF, and Vallee BL. Angiogenin promotes invasiveness of cultured endothelial cells by stimulation of cell-associated proteolytic activities. Proc. Natl. Acad. Sci. USA 1994; 91:12096-100.
- 3: Pyatibratov MG and Kostyukova AS. New insights into the role of angiogenin in actin polymerization. Int. Rev. Cell. Mol. Biol. 2012; 295:175-98.
- 4: Li S, Ibaragi S, and Hu GF. Angiogenin as a molecular target for the treatment of prostate cancer. Curr. Cancer Ther. Rev. 2011; 7:83-90.
- FOR RESEARCH USE ONLY
For additional information, visit ProSci's Terms & Conditions Page.
- Disclaimer: Optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user. The information provided is a guideline for product use. This product is for research use only.
CATALOG NUMBER: 6983
- Size: 0.02 mg | 0.1 mg
- List Price: $89.00 – $395.00
$65 Standard Overnight flat rate for as many products shipped within the United States.
$35 Dry Ice Shipment fee may be required on some items.
Note: Online orders only accepted for shipment within the USA. Click here for the list of international distributors.
Customize your order
Bulk Pricing Available
Custom Formulations: azide free, endotoxin testing & endotoxin removal.
Pair your antibody with a Lysate, Peptide, Control, & /OR Secondary Antibody.
Contact our Customer Care Team for more information
Custom Antibody Services
Speak to one of our custom antibody specialists to discuss your next custom antibody project.
New & Featured Products
HIV-1 p24 Antibody [10A2] (biotin)
CATALOG NUMBER: PM-7371-biotin
HIV-1 p24 Antibody [9D2F6] (biotin)
CATALOG NUMBER: PM-7369-biotin
HIV-1 p24 Antibody [8D7E11] (biotin)
CATALOG NUMBER: PM-7367-biotin