- HOST SPECIES: Mouse
- SPECIES REACTIVITY: Human
- IMMUNOGEN: A recombinant partial-length human AR protein corresponding to amino acids 151-350 was used as the immunogen for the Androgen Receptor antibody.
- CONJUGATE: Unconjugated
- TESTED APPLICATIONS: Flow, IF, IHC-P
- APPLICATION NOTE: Flow Cytometry: 0.5-1 ug/million cells in 0.1ml
Immunofluorescence: 0.5-1 ug/ml
Immunohistochemistry (FFPE): 0.5-1 ug/ml for 30 min at RT (1)
Prediluted format : incubate for 30 min at RT (2)
Optimal dilution of the Androgen Receptor antibody should be determined by the researcher.
1. Staining of formalin-fixed tissues requires boiling tissue sections in 10mM Tris with 1mM EDTA, pH 9.0, for 10-20 min followed by cooling at RT for 20 min.
2. The prediluted format is supplied in a dropper bottle and is optimized for use in IHC. After epitope retrieval step (if required), drip mAb solution onto the tissue section and incubate at RT for 30 min.
- SPECIFICITY: Does not react with Mouse
- PURIFICATION: Protein G affinity chromatography
- CLONALITY: Monoclonal
- ISOTYPE: IgG1, kappa
- PHYSICAL STATE: Liquid
- BUFFER: PBS with 0.1 mg/ml BSA and 0.05% sodium azide
- CONCENTRATION: 0.2 mg/mL
- STORAGE CONDITIONS: Aliquot and Store at 2-8°C. Avoid freez-thaw cycles.
- NCBI OFFICIAL SYMBOL: AR
- ADDITIONAL NAMES: Androgen receptor, Dihydrotestosterone receptor, Nuclear receptor subfamily 3 group C member 4, AR, DHTR, NR3C4
- NCBI GENE ID NUMBER: 367
- USER NOTE: Optimal dilutions for each application to be determined by the researcher
- Recognizes a protein of 110kDa, which is identified as androgen receptor (AR). It reacts with full length, and the newly described A form of the receptor. It does not cross react with estrogen, progesterone, or glucocorticoid receptors. The expression of AR is reportedly inversely correlated with histologic grade i.e. well differentiated prostate tumors show higher expression than the poorly differentiated tumors. In prostate cancer, AR has been proposed, as a marker of hormone-responsiveness and thus it may be useful in identifying patients likely to benefit from anti-androgen therapy. Anti-androgen receptor has been useful clinically in differentiating morpheaform basal cell carcinoma (mBCC) from desmoplastic trichoepithelioma (DTE) in the skin. This mAb is superb for staining of formalin/paraffin tissues.
- FOR RESEARCH USE ONLY
For additional information, visit ProSci's Terms & Conditions Page.
- Disclaimer: Optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user. The information provided is a guideline for product use. This product is for research use only.
CATALOG NUMBER: 33-419
- Size: 100 ug
- List Price: $535.00
$65 Standard Overnight flat rate for as many products shipped within the United States.
$35 Dry Ice Shipment fee may be required on some items.
Note: Online orders only accepted for shipment within the USA. Click here for the list of international distributors.
Customize your order
Bulk Pricing Available
Custom Formulations: azide free, endotoxin testing & endotoxin removal.
Pair your antibody with a Lysate, Peptide, Control, & /OR Secondary Antibody.
Contact our Customer Care Team for more information
Custom Antibody Services
Speak to one of our custom antibody specialists to discuss your next custom antibody project.