- HOST SPECIES: Rabbit
- SPECIES REACTIVITY: Dog, Human, Mouse, Rat
- IMMUNOGEN: Peptide corresponding to amino acid residues from the C-terminal region of rat APP.
- CONJUGATE: Unconjugated
- TESTED APPLICATIONS: WB
- APPLICATION NOTE: The antibody has been directly tested for reactivity in rat tissue. It is anticipated that the antibody will also work with canine, chicken, human, mouse and non-human primate tissues based on the fact that these species have 100% homology with the amino acid sequence used as antigen.
- PREDICTED MOLECULAR WEIGHT: 115
- PURIFICATION: Affinity Purified
- CLONALITY: Polyclonal
- PHYSICAL STATE: Liquid
- CONCENTRATION: batch dependent
- STORAGE CONDITIONS: Amyloid Precursor Protein antibody can be stored at -20°C and is stable at -20°C for at least 1 year.
- NCBI OFFICIAL SYMBOL: App
- Protein Accession Number: P08592
- PROTEIN GI NUMBER: 112930
- NCBI GENE ID NUMBER: 54226
- USER NOTE: Optimal dilutions for each application to be determined by the researcher.
- A large body of evidence has implicated the amyloid precursor protein (APP) in the pathogenesis of Alzheimer's disease (AD) (Kamenetz et al., 2003). The phosphorylation of APP at Thr668 is thought to play a critical role in generation of the soluble APP (beta) and beta-amyloid peptide (abeta) which are the major components of senile plaques in patient brains inflicted with AD (Liu et al., 2003; Ando et al., 2001).
- 1: Ando K, Iijima KI, Elliott JI, Kirino Y, Suzuki T (2001) Phosphorylation-dependent regulation of the interaction of amyloid precursor protein with Fe65 affects the production of beta-amyloid. J Biol Chem 276:40353-40361.
- 2: Kamenetz F, Tomita T, Hsieh H, Seabrook G, Borchelt D, Iwatsubo T, Sisodia S, Malinow R (2003) APP processing and synaptic function. Neuron 37:925-937.
- 3: Liu F, Su Y, Li B, Zhou Y, Ryder J, Gonzalez-DeWhitt P, May PC, Ni B (2003) Regulation of amyloid precursor protein (APP) phosphorylation and processing by p35/cdk5 and p25/cdk5. FEBS Lett 547:193-196.
- FOR RESEARCH USE ONLY
For additional information, visit ProSci's Terms & Conditions Page.
- Disclaimer: This product is for research use only.
CATALOG NUMBER: 50-179
- Size: 0.1 mL
- List Price: $495.00
$65 Standard Overnight flat rate for as many products shipped within the United States.
$35 Dry Ice Shipment fee may be required on some items.
Note: Online orders only accepted for shipment within the USA. Click here for the list of international distributors.
Customize your order
Bulk Pricing Available
Custom Formulations: azide free, endotoxin testing & endotoxin removal.
Pair your antibody with a Lysate, Peptide, Control, & /OR Secondary Antibody.
Contact our Customer Care Team for more information
Custom Antibody Services
Speak to one of our custom antibody specialists to discuss your next custom antibody project.
New & Featured Products
HIV-1 p24 Antibody [10A2] (biotin)
CATALOG NUMBER: PM-7371-biotin
HIV-1 p24 Antibody [9D2F6] (biotin)
CATALOG NUMBER: PM-7369-biotin
HIV-1 p24 Antibody [8D7E11] (biotin)
CATALOG NUMBER: PM-7367-biotin