- HOST SPECIES: Rabbit
- SPECIES REACTIVITY: Human, Mouse
- IMMUNOGEN: This AMPK alpha 1 antibody is generated from rabbits immunized with a KLH conjugated synthetic peptide between 479-510 amino acids from the C-terminal region of human AMPK alpha 1.
- CONJUGATE: Unconjugated
- TESTED APPLICATIONS: WB
- APPLICATION NOTE: For WB starting dilution is: 1:8000
- PREDICTED MOLECULAR WEIGHT: 64 kDa
- PURIFICATION: This antibody is prepared by Saturated Ammonium Sulfate (SAS) precipitation followed by dialysis
- CLONALITY: Polyclonal
- ISOTYPE: Rabbit Ig
- PHYSICAL STATE: Liquid
- BUFFER: Supplied in PBS with 0.09% (W/V) sodium azide.
- CONCENTRATION: batch dependent
- STORAGE CONDITIONS: Store at 4°C for three months and -20°C, stable for up to one year. As with all antibodies care should be taken to avoid repeated freeze thaw cycles. Antibodies should not be exposed to prolonged high temperatures.
- NCBI OFFICIAL SYMBOL: PRKAA1
- ADDITIONAL NAMES: 5'-AMP-activated protein kinase catalytic subunit alpha-1, AMPK subunit alpha-1, Acetyl-CoA carboxylase kinase, ACACA kinase, Hydroxymethylglutaryl-CoA reductase kinase, HMGCR kinase, Tau-protein kinase PRKAA1, PRKAA1, AMPK1
- Protein Accession Number: Q13131
- PROTEIN GI NUMBER: 254763436
- NCBI GENE ID NUMBER: 5562
- USER NOTE: Optimal dilutions for each application to be determined by the researcher.
- AMPK is responsible for the regulation of fatty acid synthesis by phosphorylation of acetyl-CoA carboxylase. It also regulates cholesterol synthesis via phosphorylation and inactivation of hormone-sensitive lipase and hydroxymethylglutaryl-CoA reductase. It appears to act as a metabolic stress-sensing protein kinase switching off biosynthetic pathways when cellular ATP levels are depleted and when 5'-AMP rises in response to fuel limitation and/or hypoxia. AMPK alpha1, a member of the Ser/Thr protein kinase family, is a catalytic subunit of AMPK.
- 1: Zhang, Q.H., et al., Genome Res. 10(10):1546-1560 (2000).
- 2: Stapleton, D., et al., J. Biol. Chem. 271(2):611-614 (1996).
- FOR RESEARCH USE ONLY
For additional information, visit ProSci's Terms & Conditions Page.
- Disclaimer: Optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user. The information provided is a guideline for product use. This product is for research use only.
CATALOG NUMBER: 62-726
- Size: 400 ul
- List Price: $445.00
$65 Standard Overnight flat rate for as many products shipped within the United States.
$35 Dry Ice Shipment fee may be required on some items.
Note: Online orders only accepted for shipment within the USA. Click here for the list of international distributors.
Customize your order
Bulk Pricing Available
Custom Formulations: azide free, endotoxin testing & endotoxin removal.
Pair your antibody with a Lysate, Peptide, Control, & /OR Secondary Antibody.
Contact our Customer Care Team for more information
Custom Antibody Services
Speak to one of our custom antibody specialists to discuss your next custom antibody project.