- HOST SPECIES: Rabbit
- SPECIES REACTIVITY: Human, Mouse
- IMMUNOGEN: Ambra1 antibody was raised against a 18 amino acid synthetic peptide from near the amino terminus of human Ambra1.
The immunogen is located within the first 50 amino acids of Ambra1.
- CONJUGATE: Unconjugated
- TESTED APPLICATIONS: ELISA, IF, IHC-P, WB
- APPLICATION NOTE: Ambra1 antibody can be used for the detection of Ambra1 by Western blot at 2 μg/mL. Antibody can also be used for immunohistochemistry starting at 5 μg/mL. For immunofluorescence start at 20 μg/mL.
Antibody validated: Western Blot in rat samples; Immunohistochemistry in human samples and Immunofluorescence in human samples. All other applications and species not yet tested.
- POSITIVE CONTROL 1: Cat. No. 1463 - Rat Brain Tissue Lysate
- POSITIVE CONTROL 2: Cat. No. 10-301 - Human Brain Tissue Slide
- PURIFICATION: Ambra1 Antibody is affinity chromatography purified via peptide column.
- CLONALITY: Polyclonal
- ISOTYPE: IgG
- PHYSICAL STATE: Liquid
- BUFFER: Ambra1 Antibody is supplied in PBS containing 0.02% sodium azide.
- CONCENTRATION: 1 mg/mL
- STORAGE CONDITIONS: Ambra1 antibody can be stored at 4°C for three months and -20°C, stable for up to one year. As with all antibodies care should be taken to avoid repeated freeze thaw cycles. Antibodies should not be exposed to prolonged high temperatures.
- NCBI OFFICIAL SYMBOL: AMBRA1
- ADDITIONAL NAMES: Ambra1 Antibody: DCAF3, WDR94, KIAA1736, Activating molecule in BECN1-regulated autophagy protein 1
- Protein Accession Number: Q9C0C7
- PROTEIN GI NUMBER: 166215833
- NCBI GENE ID NUMBER: 55626
- USER NOTE: Optimal dilutions for each application to be determined by the researcher.
- Ambra1 Antibody: Autophagy, the process of bulk degradation of cellular proteins through an autophagosomic-lysosomal pathway is important for normal growth control and may be defective in tumor cells. It is involved in the preservation of cellular nutrients under starvation conditions as well as the normal turnover of cytosolic components. Beclin-1, a principal regulator of autophagosome formation, is in turn regulated by Ambra1. Ambra1 associates with Beclin-1 through a region near its center as determined by yeast two-hybrid assay. Null mutations in this gene in mice resulted in embryonic lethality with severe neural tube defects associated with autophagy impairment, accumulation of ubiquitinated proteins, unbalanced cell proliferation and excessive apoptotic death. Furthermore, down-regulation of Ambra1 in cultured cells though RNA interference decreased the level of rapamycin- and nutrient starvation-induced autophagy. Multiple isoforms of Ambra1 are known to exist.
- 1: Gozuacik D and Kimchi A. Autophagy as a cell death and tumor suppressor mechanism. Oncogene2004; 23:2891-906.
- 2: Kisen GO, Tessitore L, Costelli P, et al. Reduced autophagic activity in primary rat hepatocellular carcinoma and ascites hepatoma cells. Carcinogenesis1993; 14:2501-5.
- 3: Liang XH, Jackson S, Seaman M, et al. Induction of autophagy and inhibition of tumorigenesis by beclin 1. Nature1999; 402:672-6.
- 4: Fimia GM, Stoykova A, Romagnoli A, et al. Ambra1 regulates autophagy and development of the nervous system. Nature2007; 447:1121-5.
- FOR RESEARCH USE ONLY
For additional information, visit ProSci's Terms & Conditions Page.
- Disclaimer: Optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user. The information provided is a guideline for product use. This product is for research use only.
CATALOG NUMBER: 4557
- Size: 0.02 mg | 0.1 mg
- List Price: $89.00 – $395.00
$65 Standard Overnight flat rate for as many products shipped within the United States.
$35 Dry Ice Shipment fee may be required on some items.
Note: Online orders only accepted for shipment within the USA. Click here for the list of international distributors.
Customize your order
Bulk Pricing Available
Custom Formulations: azide free, endotoxin testing & endotoxin removal.
Pair your antibody with a Lysate, Peptide, Control, & /OR Secondary Antibody.
Contact our Customer Care Team for more information
Custom Antibody Services
Speak to one of our custom antibody specialists to discuss your next custom antibody project.