- HOST SPECIES: Mouse
- SPECIES REACTIVITY: Human
- IMMUNOGEN: Purified truncated recombinant AMACR-His fusion protein expressed in E. Coli strain BL21 (DE3).
- CONJUGATE: Unconjugated
- TESTED APPLICATIONS: ELISA, IHC, WB
- APPLICATION NOTE: Western Blot:1:500 - 1:2,000
IHC(P):1:500 - 1:2,000
ELISA:Propose dilution 1:10,000.
Determining optimal working dilutions by titration test.
- CLONALITY: Monoclonal
- ISOTYPE: IgG2b
- BUFFER: Ascitic fluid containing 0.03% sodium azide.
- CONCENTRATION: batch dependent
- STORAGE CONDITIONS: AMACR monoclonal antibody can be stored at -20°C, stable for one year. As with all antibodies care should be taken to avoid repeated freeze thaw cycles. Antibodies should not be exposed to prolonged high temperatures.
- NCBI OFFICIAL SYMBOL: AMACR
- ADDITIONAL NAMES: 2-methylacyl-CoA racemaseRM, RACE, CBAS4, AMACRD
- Protein Accession Number: Q9UHK6
- PROTEIN GI NUMBER: 313104070
- NCBI GENE ID NUMBER: 23600
- USER NOTE: Optimal dilutions for each application to be determined by the researcher.
- AMACR (alpha-methylacyl-CoA racemase) has been recently described as prostate cancer-specific gene that encodes a protein involved in the beta-oxidation of branched chain fatty acids. Expression of AMACR protein is found in prostatic adenocarcinoma but not in benign prostatic tissue. It stains premalignant lesions of prostate: high-grade prostatic intraepithelial neoplasia (PIN) and atypical adenomatous hyperplasia. AMACR can be used as a positive marker for PIN. Defects in AMACR are the cause of congenital bile acid synthesis defect type 4 (CBAS4); also known as cholestasis, intrahepatic, with defective conversion of trihydroxycoprostanic acid to cholic acid or trihydroxycoprostanic acid in bile. Clinical features include neonatal jaundice, intrahepatic cholestasis, bile duct deficiency and absence of cholic acid from bile.
- 1: Chen Q. Watson JT. Marengo SR. et al. Cancer Lett. 2006, Dec 8, 244 (2):274-88.Epub 2006 Feb 23.
- 2: Epstein JI. Herawi M. J Urol. 2006, Mar, 175 (3 Pt 1):820-34. Review.
- FOR RESEARCH USE ONLY
For additional information, visit ProSci's Terms & Conditions Page.
- Disclaimer: Optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user. The information provided is a guideline for product use. Optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user. The information provided is a guideline for product use. This product is for research use only.
CATALOG NUMBER: 32-107
- Size: 0.1 mL
- List Price: $445.00
$65 Standard Overnight flat rate for as many products shipped within the United States.
$35 Dry Ice Shipment fee may be required on some items.
Note: Online orders only accepted for shipment within the USA. Click here for the list of international distributors.
Customize your order
Bulk Pricing Available
Custom Formulations: azide free, endotoxin testing & endotoxin removal.
Pair your antibody with a Lysate, Peptide, Control, & /OR Secondary Antibody.
Contact our Customer Care Team for more information
Custom Antibody Services
Speak to one of our custom antibody specialists to discuss your next custom antibody project.
New & Featured Products
HIV-1 p24 Antibody [10A2] (biotin)
CATALOG NUMBER: PM-7371-biotin
HIV-1 p24 Antibody [9D2F6] (biotin)
CATALOG NUMBER: PM-7369-biotin
HIV-1 p24 Antibody [8D7E11] (biotin)
CATALOG NUMBER: PM-7367-biotin