- SPECIES REACTIVITY: Human
- IMMUNOGEN: Rabbit polyclonal antibodies were raised against peptides corresponding to amino acid sequences from each of the corresponding proteins.
- TESTED APPLICATIONS: IHC, WB
- SET CONTENTS: APP Antibody (CT), Catalog No. 2136 (50 μg)
APP Antibody (Aβ-NT), Catalog No. 2133 (50 μg)
BACE Antibody (CT), Catalog No. 2253 (50 μg)
BACE2 Antibody (NT), Catalog No. 2247 (50 μg)
- APPLICATION NOTE: These polyclonal antibodies can be used for detection of APP, BACE and BACE2 by immunoblot at 1 - 5 μgg/mL. APP and BACE antibodies can detect their respective proteins via immunohistochemistry at 2 - 10 μg/mL.
- SPECIFICITY: Both APP antibodies will react with the C99 fragment of APP.
- PURIFICATION: Antibodies are supplied as affinity chromatography purified IgG.
- CLONALITY: Polyclonal
- PHYSICAL STATE: Liquid
- BUFFER: PBS containing 0.02% sodium azide.
- CONCENTRATION: Antibody 1 mg/mL
- STORAGE CONDITIONS: Stable at 4°C for three months, store at -20°C for up to one year.
- USER NOTE: Optimal dilutions for each application to be determined by the researcher.
- Accumulation of the amyloid-β peptide (Aβ) in the cerebral cortex is a critical event in the pathogenesis of Alzheimer’s disease. The βamyloid protein precursor (APP) is cleaved by one of two βsecretases (BACE and BACE2), producing a soluble derivative of the protein and a membrane anchored 99-amino acid carboxy-terminal fragment (C99). The C99 fragment serves as substrate for βsecretase to generate the 4 kDa amyloid-β peptide (Aβ), which is deposited in the Alzheimer’s disease patients’ brains. BACE was identified by several groups independently and designated β-site APP cleaving enzyme (BACE) . BACE is a transmembrane aspartic protease and co-localizes with APP. BACE2 also cleaves APP at β-site and at a different site within Aβ. BACE2 locates on chromosome 21q22.3, the so-called ‘Down critical region’, suggesting that BACE2 and Aβ may also contribute to the pathogenesis of Down syndrome.
For images please see PDF data sheet
- 1: Vassar R, Bennett BD, Babu-Khan S, et al. Beta-secretase cleavage of Alzheimer's amyloid precursor protein by the transmembrane aspartic protease BACE. Science 1999; 286:735-41.
- 2: Sinha S, Anderson JP, Barbour R, et al. Purification and cloning of amyloid precursor protein beta-secretase from human brain. Nature 1999; 402:537-40.
- 3: Acquati F, et al. The gene encoding DRAP (BACE2), a glycosylated transmembrane protein of the aspartic protease family, maps to the down critical region. FEBS Lett 2000;468:59-64
- 4: Solans A, et al. A new aspartyl protease on 21q22.3, BACE2, is highly similar to Alzheimer's amyloid precursor protein beta-secretase. Cytogenet Cell Genet 2000;89:177-184.
- Catalog Number 2136: APP Antibody
- Catalog Number 2133: APP Antibody
- Catalog Number 2253: BACE Antibody
- Catalog Number 2247: BACE2 Antibody
- FOR RESEARCH USE ONLY
For additional information, visit ProSci's Terms & Conditions Page.
- Disclaimer: This product is for research use only.
CATALOG NUMBER: PSI-1812
- Size: 1 Set
- List Price: $535.00
$65 Standard Overnight flat rate for as many products shipped within the United States.
$35 Dry Ice Shipment fee may be required on some items.
Note: Online orders only accepted for shipment within the USA. Click here for the list of international distributors.
Customize your order
Bulk Pricing Available
Custom Formulations: azide free, endotoxin testing & endotoxin removal.
Pair your antibody with a Lysate, Peptide, Control, & /OR Secondary Antibody.
Contact our Customer Care Team for more information
Custom Antibody Services
Speak to one of our custom antibody specialists to discuss your next custom antibody project.
New & Featured Products
HIV-1 p24 Antibody [10A2] (biotin)
CATALOG NUMBER: PM-7371-biotin
HIV-1 p24 Antibody [9D2F6] (biotin)
CATALOG NUMBER: PM-7369-biotin
HIV-1 p24 Antibody [8D7E11] (biotin)
CATALOG NUMBER: PM-7367-biotin