- HOST SPECIES: Rabbit
- SPECIES REACTIVITY: Human, Mouse, Rat
- IMMUNOGEN: ALSFTD antibody was raised against a 19 amino acid peptide from near the carboxy terminus of human ALSFTD.
The immunogen is located within amino acids 400 - 450 of ALSFTD.
- CONJUGATE: Unconjugated
- TESTED APPLICATIONS: E, ICC, WB
- APPLICATION NOTE: ALSFTD antibody can be used for the detection of ALSFTD by Western blot at 1 - 2 μg/mL. Antibody can also be used for immunocytochemistry at 10 μg/ml.
Antibody validated: Western Blot in human samples and Immunocytochemistry in mouse samples. All other applications and species not yet tested.
- SPECIFICITY: ALSFTD antibody is human, mouse and rat reactive. At least two isoforms are known to exist.
- POSITIVE CONTROL 1: Cat. No. 1288 - A20 Cell Lysate
- POSITIVE CONTROL 2: Cat. No. 17-208 - A-20 Cell Slide
- PREDICTED MOLECULAR WEIGHT: Predicted: 53 kDa
Observed: 52 kDa
- PURIFICATION: ALSFTD Antibody is affinity chromatography purified via peptide column.
- CLONALITY: Polyclonal
- ISOTYPE: IgG
- PHYSICAL STATE: Liquid
- BUFFER: ALSFTD Antibody is supplied in PBS containing 0.02% sodium azide.
- CONCENTRATION: 1 mg/mL
- STORAGE CONDITIONS: ALSFTD antibody can be stored at 4°C for three months and -20°C, stable for up to one year.
- NCBI OFFICIAL SYMBOL: ALSFTD
- ADDITIONAL NAMES: Amyotrophic lateral sclerosis with frontotemporal dementia, chromosome 9 open reading frame 72, C9orf72
- Protein Accession Number: NP_060795
- PROTEIN GI NUMBER: 37039612
- NCBI GENE ID NUMBER: 203228
- USER NOTE: Optimal dilutions for each application to be determined by the researcher.
- ALSFTD (C9orf72) is considered to play a role in gender determination (1). Hereditary hemorrhagic telangiectasia, which is characterized by harmful vascular defects, is associated with the chromosome 9 gene encoding endoglin protein, ENG (2). Familial dysautonomia is also associated with chromosome 9 though through the gene IKBKAP. Notably, chromosome 9 encompasses the largest interferon family gene cluster (3,4).
- 1: Takada LT and Sha SJ. Neuropsychiatric features of C9orf72-associated behavioral variant frontotemporal dementia and frontotemporal dementia with motor neuron disease. Alzheimers Res. Ther. 2012; 4:38.
- 2: Coon EA, Whitwell JL, Parisi JE, et al. Right temporal variant frontotemporal dementia with motor neuron disease. J. Clin. Neurosci. 2012; 19:85-91.
- 3: Snowden JS, Rollinson S, Thompson JC, et al. Distinct clinical and pathological characteristics of frontotemporal dementia associated with C9ORF72 mutations. Brain 2012; 135:693-708.
- 4: Wen X, Tan W, Westergard T, et al. Antisense proline-arginine RAN dipeptides linked to C9ORF72-ALS/FTD form toxic nuclear aggregates that initiate in vitro and in vivo neuronal death. Neuron 2014; 84:1213-25.
- FOR RESEARCH USE ONLY
For additional information, visit ProSci's Terms & Conditions Page.
- Disclaimer: Optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user. The information provided is a guideline for product use. This product is for research use only.
CATALOG NUMBER: 8469
- Size: 0.02 mg | 0.1 mg
- List Price: $89.00 – $395.00
$65 Standard Overnight flat rate for as many products shipped within the United States.
$35 Dry Ice Shipment fee may be required on some items.
Note: Online orders only accepted for shipment within the USA. Click here for the list of international distributors.
Customize your order
Bulk Pricing Available
Custom Formulations: azide free, endotoxin testing & endotoxin removal.
Pair your antibody with a Lysate, Peptide, Control, & /OR Secondary Antibody.
Contact our Customer Care Team for more information
Custom Antibody Services
Speak to one of our custom antibody specialists to discuss your next custom antibody project.
New & Featured Products
HIV-1 p24 Antibody [10A2] (biotin)
CATALOG NUMBER: PM-7371-biotin
HIV-1 p24 Antibody [9D2F6] (biotin)
CATALOG NUMBER: PM-7369-biotin
HIV-1 p24 Antibody [8D7E11] (biotin)
CATALOG NUMBER: PM-7367-biotin