- HOST SPECIES: Mouse
- SPECIES REACTIVITY: Dog, Human, Monkey, Pig
- IMMUNOGEN: Alpha fetoprotein purified from serum of a hepatoma patient was used as the immunogen for this AFP antibody.
- CONJUGATE: Unconjugated
- TESTED APPLICATIONS: Flow, IF, IHC, WB
- APPLICATION NOTE: Flow Cytometry: 0.5-1 ug/million cells
IF: 0.5-1 ug/ml
IHC(FFPE): 0.5-1 ug/ml for 30 minutes at RT (1)
Prediluted format : incubate for 30 min at RT (2)
The concentration stated for each application is a general starting point. Variations in protocols, secondaries and substrates may require the AFP antibody to be titered up or down for optimal performance.
1. No special pretreatment is required for the immunohistochemical staining of formalin-fixed, paraffin-embedded tissues.
2. The prediluted format is supplied in a dropper bottle and is optimized for use in IHC. After epitope retrieval step (if required), drip mAb solution onto the tissue section and incubate at RT for 30 min.
- SPECIFICITY: Does not react with cow, cat, mouse, rat.
- PURIFICATION: Protein G affinity chromatography
- CLONALITY: Monoclonal
- ISOTYPE: IgG2a, kappa
- PHYSICAL STATE: Liquid
- BUFFER: PBS with 0.1 mg/ml BSA and 0.05% sodium azide
- CONCENTRATION: 0.2 mg/mL
- STORAGE CONDITIONS: Aliquot and Store at 2-8°C. Avoid freez-thaw cycles.
- NCBI OFFICIAL SYMBOL: AFP
- ADDITIONAL NAMES: AFP Antibody: FETA, HPAFP, Alpha-fetoprotein, Alpha-1-fetoprotein
- NCBI GENE ID NUMBER: 174
- USER NOTE: Optimal dilutions for each application to be determined by the researcher
- This antibody recognizes an oncofetal glycoprotein with a single chain of 70kDa, which is identified as Alpha fetoprotein (AFP). The AFP antibody is highly specific and shows no cross-reaction with other oncofetal antigens or serum albumin. Alpha fetoprotein is normally synthesized in the liver, intestinal tract, and yolk sac of the fetus. AFP antibody has been shown to be useful in detecting hepatocellular carcinomas (HCC) and germ cell neoplasms, especially yolk sac tumors.
- FOR RESEARCH USE ONLY
For additional information, visit ProSci's Terms & Conditions Page.
- Disclaimer: Optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user. The information provided is a guideline for product use. This product is for research use only.
CATALOG NUMBER: 33-066
- Size: 100 ug
- List Price: $535.00
$65 Standard Overnight flat rate for as many products shipped within the United States.
$35 Dry Ice Shipment fee may be required on some items.
Note: Online orders only accepted for shipment within the USA. Click here for the list of international distributors.