- PREDICTED MOLECULAR WEIGHT: 342.4
- Formula: C17H30N2O5
- CAS: 88321-09-9
- Solubility: Soluble in DMSO (20mg/ml), DMF (20mg/ml) or ethanol (5mg/ml).
- InChi Key: SRVFFFJZQVENJC-IHRRRGAJSA-N
- Smiles: O=C(OCC)[C@H]1O[C@@H]1C(N[C@H](C(NCCC(C)C)=O)CC(C)C)=O
- RTECS: RR0404300
- Identity: Determined by 1H-NMR.
- PURITY: greater than or equal to 95% (HPLC)
- PHYSICAL STATE: Lyophilized
- STORAGE CONDITIONS: Short Term Storage: +4C. Long Term Storage: -20C. Handling Advice: Keep cool and dry. Use/Stability: Stable for at least 2 years after receipt when stored at -20C.
- ADDITIONAL NAMES: E-64c ethyl ester; EP 453; EST; Loxistatin
- Aloxistatin [E-64d] is a cell permeable irreversible inhibitor of lysosomal and cytosolic cysteine proteases cathepsin B an L, calpain 1/2, papain and has diverse biological activities. It is an ethyl ester form of E-64c that inhibits calpain and the cysteine proteases cathepsins F, K, B, H, and L.Aloxistatin has anticancer properties by inducing cell cycle arret at the G2/M phase in A431 human epidermoid carcinoma cells and as a lysosomal inhibitor in human acute promyelocytic leukemia NB4 cells and Huh-7 cells. It inhibits degradation of autophagic cargo inside autolysosomes.It also shows neuroprotective and anti-malarial properties.Since cysteine protease cathepsin L is required for SARS-CoV-2 viral entry, aloxistatin treatment reduces cellular entry of SARS-CoV-2 pseudovirions and COVID-19. It inhibits severe acute respiratory syndrome coronavirus (SARS-CoV) and SARS-CoV-2 surface glycoprotein incorporation into pseudotyped vesicular stomatitis virus (VSV) particles in Vero cells. Is has been applied in vitro in combination with the TMPRSS2 inhibitor camostat mesylate (Prod. No. AG-CR1-3716).
- FOR RESEARCH USE ONLY
For additional information, visit ProSci's Terms & Conditions Page.
- Disclaimer: This product is for research use only.
CATALOG NUMBER: 11-077
- Size: 5 mg
- List Price: $220.00
$65 Standard Overnight flat rate for as many products shipped within the United States.
$35 Dry Ice Shipment fee may be required on some items.
Note: Online orders only accepted for shipment within the USA. Click here for the list of international distributors.
New & Featured Products
CATALOG NUMBER: 95-201
CATALOG NUMBER: 95-200
CATALOG NUMBER: 9805