- HOST SPECIES: Goat
- SPECIES REACTIVITY: Human
- HOMOLOGY: Expected Species Reactivity based on sequence homology: Mouse, Rat, Dog, Cow
- IMMUNOGEN: The immunogen for this antibody is: C-RVTNQLLGRKVPWD
- CONJUGATE: Unconjugated
- TESTED APPLICATIONS: ELISA, IHC
- APPLICATION NOTE: Peptide ELISA: antibody detection limit dilution 1:32000.Western Blot:Preliminary experiments gave bands at approx 200kDa and 75kDa in lysates of Human T cell line Jurkat after 0.3ug/ml antibody staining. Please note that currently we cannot find an explanation in the literature for the bands we observe given the calculated size of 461kDa according to NP_055935.3. Both detected bands were successfully blocked by incubation with the immunizing peptide (and BLAST results with the immunizing peptide sequence did not identify any other proteins to explain the additional bands).Immunohistochemistry:In paraffin embedded Human Testis shows staining of cytoplasm in spermatocytes. Recommended concentration: 1-3ug/ml.
- SPECIFICITY: The C terminus of ALMS1 shares an 8 amino acid stretch with two other human proteins: hypothetical protein (XP_169104) and ERAL1 (NP_005693). However, this stretch is located internally in these two proteins and so will most likely not cross-react with this antibody. The N terminus was not chosen as the peptide is expected to cyclise during synthesis.
- POSITIVE CONTROL 1: Cat. No. 1313 - Human Testis Tissue Lysate
- PURIFICATION: Purified from goat serum by ammonium sulphate precipitation followed by antigen affinity chromatography using the immunizing peptide.
- CLONALITY: Polyclonal
- PHYSICAL STATE: Liquid
- BUFFER: Supplied at 0.5 mg/ml in Tris saline, 0.02% sodium azide, pH7.3 with 0.5% bovine serum albumin.Aliquot and store at -20°C. Minimize freezing and thawing.
- CONCENTRATION: 500 ug/mL
- STORAGE CONDITIONS: Aliquot and store at -20°C. Minimize freezing and thawing.
- NCBI OFFICIAL SYMBOL: ALMS1
- ADDITIONAL NAMES: ALMS1, Alstrom syndrome 1, ALSS, KIAA0328, DKFZp686A118, DKFZp686D1828
- Protein Accession Number: NP_055935.4
- PROTEIN GI NUMBER: 78486546
- NCBI GENE ID NUMBER: 7840
- 1: Collin GB, Marshall JD, Ikeda A, So WV, Russell-Eggitt I, Maffei P, Beck S, Boerkoel CF, Sicolo N, Martin M, Nishina PM, Naggert JK. Mutations in ALMS1 cause obesity, type 2 diabetes and neurosensory degeneration in Alstrom syndrome. Nat Genet. 2002 May;31(1):74-8.
- FOR RESEARCH USE ONLY
For additional information, visit ProSci's Terms & Conditions Page.
- Disclaimer: Optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user. The information provided is a guideline for product use. Optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user. The information provided is a guideline for product use. This product is for research use only.
CATALOG NUMBER: 45-240
- Size: 0.1 mg
- List Price: $445.00
$65 Standard Overnight flat rate for as many products shipped within the United States.
$35 Dry Ice Shipment fee may be required on some items.
Note: Online orders only accepted for shipment within the USA. Click here for the list of international distributors.
Customize your order
Bulk Pricing Available
Custom Formulations: azide free, endotoxin testing & endotoxin removal.
Pair your antibody with a Lysate, Peptide, Control, & /OR Secondary Antibody.
Contact our Customer Care Team for more information
Custom Antibody Services
Speak to one of our custom antibody specialists to discuss your next custom antibody project.