- SPECIES: Human
- SOURCE SPECIES: HEK293 cells
- RECOMBINANT PROTEIN SEQUENCE: Asp 22 - Gln 118
- FUSION TAG: His Tag
- TESTED APPLICATIONS: WB
- APPLICATION NOTE: This recombinant protein can be used for WB. For research use only.
- PREDICTED MOLECULAR WEIGHT: 12.3 kDa
- PURITY: >97% as determined by SDS-PAGE.
- PHYSICAL STATE: Lyophilized
- BUFFER: PBS, pH7.4
- STORAGE CONDITIONS: Lyophilized Protein should be stored at -20°C or lower for long term storage. Upon reconstitution, working aliquots should be stored at -20°C or -70°C. Avoid repeated freeze-thaw cycles.
- NCBI OFFICIAL SYMBOL: ACVRL1
- ADDITIONAL NAMES: ACVRL1, ACVRLK1, ALK-1, HHT, HHT2, ORW2, SKR3, TSR-I
- Protein Accession Number: NP_000011.2
- NCBI GENE ID NUMBER: 94
- Serine/threonine-protein kinase receptor R3 is an enzyme that in humans is encoded by the ALK1 gene. ALK1 is a receptor in the TGF beta signaling pathway. ALK1 protein is a receptor in the TGF beta signaling pathway. It plays an important role in vascular development, remodeling, and pathologic angiogenesis, play a role in stabilizing angiogenic vessels and contribute to resistance to anti-VEGF therapies, ALK1 blockade may represent an effective therapeutic opportunity complementary to the current antiangiogenic modalities in the clinic. Recently, researcher found that, ALK1-Fc inhibited BMP9-mediated Id-1 expression in human umbilical vein endothelial cells and inhibited cord formation by these cells on a Matrigel substrate, in a chick chorioallantoic membrane assay, ALK1-Fc reduced vascular endothelial growth factor-, fibroblast growth factor-, and BMP10-mediated vessel formation, and ALK1-Fc treatment reduced tumor burden in mice receiving orthotopic grafts of MCF7 mammary adenocarcinoma cells.
- 1: Ten Dijke P, Ichijo H, et al.,1993, Oncogene 8 (10): 2879–87.
- 2: Johnson DW, Berg JN, et al., 1996, Nat Genet 13 (2): 189–95.
- 3: Lawlor MW, Read BP, et al., 2011, Am J Pathol. 178(2):784-93.
- 4: Mitchell D,et al., 2010, Mol Cancer Ther.. 9(2):379-88.
- FOR RESEARCH USE ONLY
For additional information, visit ProSci's Terms & Conditions Page.
- Disclaimer: Products are intended for laboratory research purposes only and should be used by qualified personnel only. They are not intended for use in humans. ProSci is not liable for damages or injuries resulting from receipt and/or use of ProSci materials. Please refer to the Material Safety Data Sheet (MSDS) for safe storage, handling, and use procedures.
CATALOG NUMBER: 96-022
- Size: 0.1 mg
- List Price: $430.00
$65 Standard Overnight flat rate for as many products shipped within the United States.
$35 Dry Ice Shipment fee may be required on some items.
Note: Online orders only accepted for shipment within the USA. Click here for the list of international distributors.
New & Featured Products
CATALOG NUMBER: 95-201
CATALOG NUMBER: 95-200
CATALOG NUMBER: 9805