- HOST SPECIES: Rabbit
- SPECIES REACTIVITY: Human
- HOMOLOGY: Predicted species reactivity based on immunogen sequence: Chicken, Monkey, Mouse, Rat
- IMMUNOGEN: This AKTIP antibody is generated from rabbits immunized with a KLH conjugated synthetic peptide between 262-288 amino acids from the C-terminal region of human AKTIP.
- CONJUGATE: Unconjugated
- TESTED APPLICATIONS: WB
- APPLICATION NOTE: For WB starting dilution is: 1:1000
- PREDICTED MOLECULAR WEIGHT: 33 kDa
- PURIFICATION: This antibody is purified through a protein A column, followed by peptide affinity purification.
- CLONALITY: Polyclonal
- ISOTYPE: Rabbit Ig
- PHYSICAL STATE: Liquid
- BUFFER: Supplied in PBS with 0.09% (W/V) sodium azide.
- CONCENTRATION: batch dependent
- STORAGE CONDITIONS: Store at 4°C for three months and -20°C, stable for up to one year. As with all antibodies care should be taken to avoid repeated freeze thaw cycles. Antibodies should not be exposed to prolonged high temperatures.
- NCBI OFFICIAL SYMBOL: AKTIP
- ADDITIONAL NAMES: AKT-interacting protein, Ft1, Fused toes protein homolog, AKTIP, FTS
- Protein Accession Number: Q9H8T0
- PROTEIN GI NUMBER: 54035954
- NCBI GENE ID NUMBER: 64400
- USER NOTE: Optimal dilutions for each application to be determined by the researcher.
- The mouse homolog of this gene produces fused toes andthymic hyperplasia in heterozygous mutant animals while homozygousmutants die in early development. This gene may play a role inapoptosis as these morphological abnormalities are caused byaltered patterns of programmed cell death. The protein encoded bythis gene is similar to the ubiquitin ligase domain of otherubiquitin-conjugating enzymes but lacks the conserved cysteineresidue that enables those enzymes to conjugate ubiquitin to thetarget protein. This protein interacts directly withserine/threonine kinase protein kinase B (PKB)/Akt and modulatesPKB activity by enhancing the phosphorylation of PKB's regulatorysites. Alternative splicing results in two transcript variantsencoding the same protein.
- 1: Notaridou, M., et al. Int. J. Cancer (2010) In press :
- 2: Quaye, L., et al. Hum. Mol. Genet. 18(10):1869-1878(2009)
- 3: Xu, L., et al. Mol. Biol. Cell 19(12):5059-5071(2008)
- 4: Lamesch, P., et al. Genomics 89(3):307-315(2007)
- FOR RESEARCH USE ONLY
For additional information, visit ProSci's Terms & Conditions Page.
- Disclaimer: Optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user. The information provided is a guideline for product use. This product is for research use only.
CATALOG NUMBER: 60-501
- Size: 400 ul
- List Price: $430.00
$65 Standard Overnight flat rate for as many products shipped within the United States.
$35 Dry Ice Shipment fee may be required on some items.
Note: Online orders only accepted for shipment within the USA. Click here for the list of international distributors.