- HOST SPECIES: Rabbit
- SPECIES REACTIVITY: Human
- IMMUNOGEN: This AKT2 antibody is generated from rabbits immunized with a KLH conjugated synthetic peptide between 93-123 amino acids from the N-terminal region of human AKT2.
- CONJUGATE: Unconjugated
- TESTED APPLICATIONS: Flow, IF, IHC-P, WB
- APPLICATION NOTE: For WB starting dilution is: 1:1000
For IHC-P starting dilution is: 1:50~100
For IF starting dilution is: 1:10~50
For FACS starting dilution is: 1:10~50
- PREDICTED MOLECULAR WEIGHT: 56 kDa
- PURIFICATION: This antibody is prepared by Saturated Ammonium Sulfate (SAS) precipitation followed by dialysis
- CLONALITY: Polyclonal
- ISOTYPE: Rabbit Ig
- PHYSICAL STATE: Liquid
- BUFFER: Supplied in PBS with 0.09% (W/V) sodium azide.
- CONCENTRATION: batch dependent
- STORAGE CONDITIONS: Store at 4°C for three months and -20°C, stable for up to one year. As with all antibodies care should be taken to avoid repeated freeze thaw cycles. Antibodies should not be exposed to prolonged high temperatures.
- NCBI OFFICIAL SYMBOL: AKT2
- ADDITIONAL NAMES: RAC-beta serine/threonine-protein kinase, Protein kinase Akt-2, Protein kinase B beta, PKB beta, RAC-PK-beta, AKT2
- Protein Accession Number: P31751
- PROTEIN GI NUMBER: 1170703
- NCBI GENE ID NUMBER: 208
- USER NOTE: Optimal dilutions for each application to be determined by the researcher.
- AKT2 is a putative oncogene encoding a protein belonging to a subfamily of serine/threonine kinases containing SH2-like (Src homology 2-like) domains. Furthermore, AKT2 was shown to be amplified and overexpressed in 2 of 8 ovarian carcinoma cell lines and 2 of 15 primary ovarian tumors. Overexpression of AKT2 contributes to the malignant phenotype of a subset of human ductal pancreatic cancers. AKT2 is a general protein kinase capable of phophorylating several known proteins.
- 1: George, S., et al., Science 304(5675):1325-1328 (2004).
- 2: Xu, X., et al., Oncol. Rep. 11(1):25-32 (2004).
- 3: Shim, D., et al., Arch. Biochem. Biophys. 425(2):214-220 (2004).
- 4: Li, X., et al., Gastroenterology 126(1):122-135 (2004).
- FOR RESEARCH USE ONLY
For additional information, visit ProSci's Terms & Conditions Page.
- Disclaimer: Optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user. The information provided is a guideline for product use. This product is for research use only.
CATALOG NUMBER: 62-603
- Size: 400 ul
- List Price: $445.00
$65 Standard Overnight flat rate for as many products shipped within the United States.
$35 Dry Ice Shipment fee may be required on some items.
Note: Online orders only accepted for shipment within the USA. Click here for the list of international distributors.
Customize your order
Bulk Pricing Available
Custom Formulations: azide free, endotoxin testing & endotoxin removal.
Pair your antibody with a Lysate, Peptide, Control, & /OR Secondary Antibody.
Contact our Customer Care Team for more information
Custom Antibody Services
Speak to one of our custom antibody specialists to discuss your next custom antibody project.