- HOST SPECIES: Rabbit
- SPECIES REACTIVITY: Human, Mouse, Rat
- IMMUNOGEN: AKT1S1 antibody was raised against a 19 amino acid peptide near the carboxy terminus of human AKT1S1.
The immunogen is located within amino acids 190 - 240 of AKT1S1.
- CONJUGATE: Unconjugated
- TESTED APPLICATIONS: E, IF, IHC-P, WB
- APPLICATION NOTE: AKT1S1 antibody can be used for detection of AKT1S1 by Western blot at 1 - 2 μg/mL.
Antibody validated: Western Blot in human samples; Immunohistochemistry in rat samples and Immunofluorescence in rat samples. All other applications and species not yet tested.
- SPECIFICITY: AKT1S1 antibody is human, mouse and rat reactive. At least three isoforms of AKT1S1 are known to exist.
- POSITIVE CONTROL 1: Cat. No. 1303 - Human Brain Tissue Lysate
- PREDICTED MOLECULAR WEIGHT: Predicted: 30 kDa
Observed: 28 kDa
- PURIFICATION: AKT1S1 Antibody is affinity chromatography purified via peptide column.
- CLONALITY: Polyclonal
- ISOTYPE: IgG
- PHYSICAL STATE: Liquid
- BUFFER: AKT1S1 Antibody is supplied in PBS containing 0.02% sodium azide.
- CONCENTRATION: 1 mg/mL
- STORAGE CONDITIONS: AKT1S1 antibody can be stored at 4°C for three months and -20°C, stable for up to one year.
- NCBI OFFICIAL SYMBOL: AKT1S1
- ADDITIONAL NAMES: AKT1S1 Antibody: Lobe, PRAS40, Proline-rich AKT1 substrate 1, 40 kDa proline-rich AKT substrate
- Protein Accession Number: NP_115751
- PROTEIN GI NUMBER: 400153980
- NCBI GENE ID NUMBER: 84335
- USER NOTE: Optimal dilutions for each application to be determined by the researcher.
- AKT1S1 Antibody: The Akt signaling pathway contributes to the regulation of apoptosis after a variety of cell death signals. AKT1S1, also known as PRAS40, is a proline-rich substrate of the kinase AKT1 and is thought to play a role in neuroprotection mediated by nerve growth factor (NGF) after transient focal cerebral ischemia (1). AKT1S1 is also a substrate and potential regulator of mammalian target of rapamycin (mTOR), a serine/threonine kinase that regulates cell growth and cell cycle, and a negative regulator of autophagy (2). Treatment with the insulin-like growth factor-1 (IGF1) can indusce the phosphorylation of AKT1S1 via the PI3K/AKT signaling pathway in PC12 cells (3).
- 1: Saito A, Narasimhan P, Hayashi T, et al. Neuroprotective role of a proline-rich Akt substrate in apoptotic neuronal cell death after stroke: relationships with nerve growth factor. J. Neurosci. 2004; 24:1584-93.
- 2: Wiza C, Nascimento EB, and Ouwens DM. Role of PRAS40 in Akt and mTOR signaling in health and disease. Am. J. Physiol. Endocrinol. Metab. 2012; 302:E1453-60.
- 3: Wang H, Zhang Q, Zhang L, et al. Insulin-like growth factor-1 induces the phosphrylation of PRAS40 via the PI3K/Akt signaling pathway in PC12 cells. Neurosci. Lett. 516:105-9.
- FOR RESEARCH USE ONLY
For additional information, visit ProSci's Terms & Conditions Page.
- Disclaimer: Optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user. The information provided is a guideline for product use. This product is for research use only.
CATALOG NUMBER: 7391
- Size: 0.02 mg | 0.1 mg
- List Price: $109.00 – $379.00
$65 Standard Overnight flat rate for as many products shipped within the United States.
$35 Dry Ice Shipment fee may be required on some items.
Note: Online orders only accepted for shipment within the USA. Click here for the list of international distributors.