- SPECIES: Human
- SOURCE SPECIES: HEK293 cells
- RECOMBINANT PROTEIN SEQUENCE: Met 1 - Ala 480
- FUSION TAG: C-His, C-Twin Strep Tag
- TESTED APPLICATIONS: WB
- APPLICATION NOTE: This recombinant protein can be used for WB. For research use only.
- PREDICTED MOLECULAR WEIGHT: 59.5 kDa
- PURITY: >92% as determined by reduced SDS-PAGE.
Less than 1.0 EU per ug by the LAL method.
- PHYSICAL STATE: Lyophilized
- BUFFER: 20 mM tris, 150 mM NaCl, pH8.0
- STORAGE CONDITIONS: Lyophilized Protein should be stored at -20°C or lower for long term storage. Upon reconstitution, working aliquots should be stored at -20°C or -70°C. Avoid repeated freeze-thaw cycles.
- NCBI OFFICIAL SYMBOL: AKT1
- ADDITIONAL NAMES: AKT1, PKB, RAC, RAC-PK-alpha, PKB alpha
- Protein Accession Number: AAH00479
- NCBI GENE ID NUMBER: 207
- RAC-alpha serine/threonine-protein kinase (AKT1) is also known PKB, Protein kinase B alpha, PKB alpha, Proto-oncogene c-Akt and RAC-PK-alpha, which belongs to the protein kinase superfamily, AGC Ser/Thr protein kinase family and RAC subfamily and is expressed in prostate cancer and levels increase from the normal to the malignant state (at protein level). AKT1 is one of 3 closely related serine/threonine-protein kinases (AKT1, AKT2 and AKT3) called the AKT kinase, and which regulate many processes including metabolism, proliferation, cell survival, growth and angiogenesis. AKT is responsible of the regulation of glucose uptake by mediating insulin-induced translocation of the SLC2A4/GLUT4 glucose transporter to the cell surface. AKT regulates also the storage of glucose in the form of glycogen by phosphorylating GSK3A at 'Ser-21' and GSK3B at 'Ser-9', resulting in inhibition of its kinase activity. Phosphorylation of GSK3 isoforms by AKT is also thought to be one mechanism by which cell proliferation is driven. AKT regulates also cell survival via the phosphorylation of MAP3K5 (apoptosis signal-related kinase).
- 1: Jones P.F., et al., 1991, Proc. Natl. Acad. Sci. U.S.A. 88:4171-4175.
- 2: Goshima N., et al., 2008 Nat. Methods 5:1011-1017.
- 3: Delcommenne M., et al ., 1998, Proc. Natl. Acad. Sci. U.S.A. 95:11211-11216.
- FOR RESEARCH USE ONLY
For additional information, visit ProSci's Terms & Conditions Page.
- Disclaimer: Products are intended for laboratory research purposes only and should be used by qualified personnel only. They are not intended for use in humans. ProSci is not liable for damages or injuries resulting from receipt and/or use of ProSci materials. Please refer to the Material Safety Data Sheet (MSDS) for safe storage, handling, and use procedures.
CATALOG NUMBER: 96-020
- Size: 0.025 mg
- List Price: $535.00
$65 Standard Overnight flat rate for as many products shipped within the United States.
$35 Dry Ice Shipment fee may be required on some items.
Note: Online orders only accepted for shipment within the USA. Click here for the list of international distributors.