- HOST SPECIES: Chicken
- SPECIES REACTIVITY: Bovine, Frog, Human, Mouse, Rat
- IMMUNOGEN: 2-200
- CONJUGATE: Unconjugated
- TESTED APPLICATIONS: WB
- APPLICATION NOTE: AKT antibody can be used for the detection of AKT by Western blot, may also work for IHC and ICC.
- PREDICTED MOLECULAR WEIGHT: 55.7 kDa (calculated)
- PURIFICATION: Antigen affinity-purified
- CLONALITY: Polyclonal
- PHYSICAL STATE: Liquid
- BUFFER: Phosphate-Buffered Saline. No preservatives added.
- CONCENTRATION: 1 mg/mL
- STORAGE CONDITIONS: AKT1 antibody can be stored at 4°C for short term (weeks). Long term storage should be at -20°C. As with all antibodies care should be taken to avoid repeated freeze thaw cycles. Antibodies should not be exposed to prolonged high temperatures.
- NCBI OFFICIAL SYMBOL: AKT1
- ADDITIONAL NAMES: PKB, RACProtein kinase B, PKB, AKT, RAC, CWS6, PRKBA, PKB-ALPHA, RAC-ALPHA,
- Protein Accession Number: NP_005154.1
- PROTEIN GI NUMBER: 4885061
- NCBI GENE ID NUMBER: 207
- USER NOTE: Optimal dilutions for each application to be determined by the researcher.
- Serine/threonine protein kinase; Murine thymoma viral (v-akt) oncogene homolog-1. AKT1 is a serine-threonine protein kinase. It is catalytically inactive in serum-starved primary and immortalized fibroblasts. AKT1 and the related AKT2 are activated by platelet-derived growth factor. The activation is rapid and specific, and it is abrogated by mutations in the pleckstrin homology domain of AKT1. It was shown that the activation occurs through phosphatidylinositol 3-kinase. In the developing nervous system AKT is a critical mediator of growth factor-induced neuronal survival. Survival factors can suppress apoptosis in a transcription-independent manner by activating the serine/threonine kinase AKT1, which then phosphorylates and inactivates components of the apoptotic machinery.
- 1: Brunet,A., Bonni,A., Zigmond,M. J., Lin,M. Z., Juo,P., Hu,L. S., Anderson,M. J., Arden,K. C., Blenis,J. and Greenberg,M. E. TITLE Akt promotes cell survival by phosphorylating and inhibiting a Forkhead transcription factor JOURNAL Cell 96 (6), 857-868 (1999).
- FOR RESEARCH USE ONLY
For additional information, visit ProSci's Terms & Conditions Page.
- Disclaimer: Optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user. The information provided is a guideline for product use. Optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user. The information provided is a guideline for product use. This product is for research use only.
CATALOG NUMBER: XW-7019
- Size: 0.05 mg
- List Price: $555.00
$65 Standard Overnight flat rate for as many products shipped within the United States.
$35 Dry Ice Shipment fee may be required on some items.
Note: Online orders only accepted for shipment within the USA. Click here for the list of international distributors.
Customize your order
Bulk Pricing Available
Custom Formulations: azide free, endotoxin testing & endotoxin removal.
Pair your antibody with a Lysate, Peptide, Control, & /OR Secondary Antibody.
Contact our Customer Care Team for more information
Custom Antibody Services
Speak to one of our custom antibody specialists to discuss your next custom antibody project.